Case Mod - In Progress Armour V2.0

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Teknokid, 26 Aug 2010.

1. Remmes

Remmes Be One With Your Mod

is it me or is your cooler hanging MASSIVLY o_O

go ferrari <3

2. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

So halfords finally got the paint I was after in stock, and I was able to continue with the mod.

I also bought in a few extra pieces from Scan, to round things off nicely, which I've done an extra few photos of.

It's such a relief to finally have my pc in a case that does it justice - no more tacky plastic frontage!

What do you think?

[​IMG]
    mmm... Nickel plated Vented back plates... Only a pack of 4 though.. which is gay!

[​IMG]
    I'm really impressed with these.. Excellent build quality and perfect fitting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I always thought people that bought these were cheating.. But then I went to start braiding my 24 pin and gave in.. God this saved me hours!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I also sprayed the top mount for the USB and Firewire ports.. It probably won't be visible but I thought i'd give it a spray whilst I was at it.

[​IMG]
    Fan controller was just a cheapy that was left over. Still.. didnt come up too badly (it will be replaced regardless though).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dammit! The case was too big for my white background, so excuse the cream background in the corner. Still, looks pretty good!

[​IMG]
    You can really see the red hightlights at the back

[​IMG]
    Nice shot of the fan controller :D

[​IMG]
    I LOVE YOU ASUS! What an awesome card..

[​IMG]
    I quite like the lighting on this one.. no particular aim to the image but the braid looks epic!

[​IMG]
    And one last internal shot.

There's still a long way to go on the build.. However, things will be taken a lot slower from now on, now that I have a fully working rig theres no pressure to get things done.

I will be braiding the remaining bare cables and working on the cable management as and when.

What do you think?

3. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

So today I had a go at overclocking the rig - to see what I could get out of it. I think the figures speak for themselves really:
    [​IMG]

I was shocked with how cool the CPU remained. Even after a good 30 minutes of Prime it didnt go above 55 degrees, which is astonishing. If only there was room to run Push/pull on the CPU cooler!

I also overclocked my 5870 - a fairly reasonable 25mhz memory overclock and 100mhz core overclock have given it a reasonable boost - I did have to add another 120mm fan directed at the card though to keep it cool.

What do you think?

4. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

So I finally got it all installed and pretty much 100% complete today - Im happy with the outcome anyway.

I use it mainly for driving sims (it will become apparent once you start looking through), and for that it is sublime.

The final piece was to wall mount my centre screen, allowing me to move all 3 screens further back and neaten the whole thing up.

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes- the side panel, fan controller and DVD drive had seen a little carbon wrap.. It wasnt the cheap stuff either, this wrap is the dogs dangles and wasnt too expensive either...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

mate thats a cracking rig, not a fan of the lightshow myself, but really admire your setup

looks like the dust fairy's been at you in a couple of them pics!

love the paintwork on the thermaltake, thanks for sharing

6. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

The dust fairy seems to love me.. I think my dogs partially to blame though :S

Thanks for the compliment, it's appreciated :)