GTX 460 SLi troubles

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Scruffy_Dog, 18 Oct 2010.

1. Scruffy_Dog

Scruffy_Dog Woof

First gtx460 under windows works like a dream so I added a second in SLi and tried to get things going as per the instructions, no luck! this is all I get...

[15:59:08] - Connecting to assignment server
    [15:59:09] + No appropriate work server was available; will try again in a bit.
    [15:59:09] + Couldn't get work instructions.
    [15:59:09] - Attempt #1 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
    Waiting before retry.

this repeats endlessly. On both cards.

Went back to single card, couldn't do any better, so re-installed GPU3 client and all is well again on a single card.

Anyone had this happen to them and know a solution?

2. Infiniti

Infiniti i modded the wheel!

i had this... just using both as single gpu's now disbaled sli

3. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

This is probably because Stanford may have some shortages of Wu's for now. I used to get this a lot when they do and it simply means that the client is unable to obtain any working unit. If you had the clients working on your connection before then it's unlikely that they just "broke". Frustrating as it is (as sometimes it may last for quite few days), there's nothing else to do, but leave clients on and wait...

4. Scruffy_Dog

Scruffy_Dog Woof

Thanks infiniti, I have disabled SLi and set it all up again and now it is running the first of what I hope is many WUs.

I thought from what I had read that GPU3 was supposed to support running with SLi enabled?

Ah well, it's not like I do very much gaming on here so I'll leave SLi off for now.

Not happy with all the points I have missed today through having things offline to try setting it all up:(

Darn this folding@home thing is addictive, is there/should there be a health warning on it?

5. cdb

cdb No comment

6. Scruffy_Dog

Scruffy_Dog Woof

Thanks cdb, I have not been around long enough to be au fait with the foibles of folding. Much reading to do whilst I monitor my clients!