News Golden Joystick winners announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Nov 2010.

1. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 are you serious? The award should be for the most broken game ever.

This Golden Joystick Award crap is obviously for Console games and what a crap load of games on that list.
    I'll take Minecraft over any of this list of junk anyday.

Starcraft 2 is way too good to be on this list so that has to be the reason it isn't on this list.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Something you're all seeming to forget:

"Democracy" and "Best" are mutually exclusive words.

There's a reason why major governments aren't run by direct democracies: the people don't know what the best option is, only the option they're familiar with. You get games like MW2 winning "Best" titles because many players don't know any alternatives. If a single game of a certain genre is the only game you've played from that genre then surely it is the best, no? That logic likely helped Plants Vs. Zombies out quite greatly, the RTS genre is not known to be forgiving to newcomers. PvZ is likely the only strategy game that many of the voters have played, or if they've tried others they likely got ruthlessly defeated online and wrote off the game as being bad.

No award based on votes should have the title of "Best", only "Most Popular".

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Wow. Am I the only one here who liked MW2? I haven't bothered with the multiplayer but the single player is just non-stop over the top action!

4. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I liked it toom but it's generally something you try and downplay on this forum... :worried:

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You might get some people who agree with you if it's just for the singleplayer. Or there are some that hate the singleplayer and only play the multiplayer.

Or there's the ones like my that hate both because the non-stop over the top action completely ruins any chance of a meaningful story by filling it with unreasonable and unnecessary twists, while the multiplayer expands on the worst feature of CoD4: the kill streak bonuses, as well as managing to come up with the single most intrusive HUD ever put into a game. :D

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

ME2 yes. Totally. Awesome game.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Good to see Mass Effect 2 do well. Best game of the last year IMO. Calling it an RPG is a bit dodgy though.

The list was pretty shabby other than that.

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

how do these games get voted again because I question the results lol.

9. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

ME2 = Cheesecake, cannot wait to do it all over agin on the PS3 version in the new year....

10. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

Some of those might be hard to play with a joystick.

11. Xir

Xir Modder

It's a shooter with a bit more choice than usual :D

Tags: Add Tags