Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

wow that sucks Elton,

Ruining my life right now? Being stuck in on a friday night well everyone else is out partying.

also having to book a hotel in london, instead of staying at the birds house i really like, For some reason i think she wants to keep me away from her family, When i've already spoke to her mum and she likes meh,

Also just ran out of credit and funding is extremely tight atm.

Elton likes this.
  2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's ruining it, because one of them is one of the girls that I mentioned in a thread...

Essentially I'm going to tell her what you've just said, except in a more condensed way :)

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Ah yes, I'm assuming this is the "Girl 2" you mentioned before. I seem to remember that drunken rant. ;)

It all comes down to choosing someone. I mentioned the one you're least involved with, because in your shoes, if I was actually involved with someone, I'd want to see it out. Call it the curious part of me. I like to see things to their (usually horrific, but oh well) conclusion. If the girl who's just turned up to the party is THE girl you want to give it a go with, then that changes things. Pick her every time.

Unless you've slept with the other one. Then it gets awkward. Or fun, depending on if they live on different parts of campus and do different courses. :naughty:

Translated:

Her dad's over-protective, and she wants to boink you in the hotel.

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Girl 2 would indeed be the one mentioned in drunken rant. As for choosing someone, it's not her. I'm not involved with anyone yet, but hopefully after Carnage on Sunday, sometime during the week I will be. Slept with neither, and one I want to be involved with is in the same halls as me, the other is the other side of the city, so it could be fun... (stop thinking that >.<) And different courses (Damn, still thinking >.<)

But yeah, see my latest post in the life=awesome thread, the girl I want to be with has been talking to me for the last 2 hours about going there with me.. I'm either reading too much into that, or I'm on to something good.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2010
  5. MaverickWill

To quote a man who said it far better than I ever could:

October likes this.
  6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Haha, thanks. Fingers corssed :)

Would rep you, but I need to spread the rep love first.

7. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I was excited, new work coming in to the company I work for. I've been on the account I'm on for far too long and was looking forward to the chance to apply and move to something else. They've totally skipped the job posting/interviews and hand-picked/shuffled some people around. To make matters worse, my current supervisor will no longer be my supervisor, a guy that doesn't even deserve the position he is in is getting promoted. This means that there is still one position opening that moves me up but likely-hood of getting that position is next to nothing because I've interviewed for a similar position and the same guy will be doing interviews. He picked the pretty 22y/o girl that couldn't do the job and I still ended up doing everything for her. It took a year of documentation of her failing to get management to do anything.

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I got my exam schedule... I have all 5 in a week and 2 of them are on the same day... The only plus side is even though I have less time to study, I finish a week earlier than I did last year.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

That sucks man... Similar thing happened in my work a while ago, the manager promoted two girls to supervisor for certain reasons (I don't want to be libelous but lets say sexual orientation may/may not have been a factor). One of them was 17 so she wasn't even legally allowed to sell anyone tickets to an 18 rated movie, never mind close the place on her own any given night. She eventually quit because she knew how hopelessly underqualified she was for the job.

10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Potentially this :wallbash: is suitable..

EDIT: Scratch that.. :)

Last edited: 5 Nov 2010
  11. zombo

zombo DOWN UNDER

My biggest problem right now is money! I have so many great ideas and things I want to achieve and do, yet my job pays minimum wage :(

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

ahh the story's too ridiculous, 3 months in, quite a bit of interest, then it fell apart, then it got back up and then a no.

But life goes on, can't let that kill me.

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Very good point, and I used to find myself in that situation quite often. The trouble is, I don't often fall for dames in a short period of time. I usually need to get to know them well before I suddenly realize that "duuuhhh, I'm in lurrrve"

This has only worked for me 2 times in my life (I'm 20). However, it has led to far more meaningful and satisfying relationships than the 5-6 other short flings that got going in under 2 weeks and ended similarly quickly.

However, I have a question. What if you're on the threshold method, the girl is confusing the hell out of you, the 4 week mark passes and you drop the idea. THEN, a month or so later, you're told that said girl really likes you and hates that you're no longer spending time together? I've already done what I think is smart (get in on the action, bro!) but just wanted to hear other views on it.

14. MaverickWill

Her loss. Let her go. By then, you should be on to the next one, or beyond. It shouldn't take someone 2 months to figure out if they like you enough to give you a chance.

Make her crawl for it. It's a hell of an ego boost! ;)

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I have a lady I have been pining for since 1968. I made a mistake and I have been paying for it all my life.. My choice.
    The Zen of John is:
    allow time for Nature and Nature's God to work the magic.

john

16. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

bought an expensive water pressure cleaner that's supposed to do hard floors as well as carpets.. it's that time of year again

anyways I run it across the tile and it's ass.. might as well use the mop.. 260 bucks and the thing only does carpets.. I thought it might come with some lips that suck the sh out of anything- feel kind of ripped off if I have to mop anyway.. think paid 6 bucks for the mop!

facking hoover.. also pulled the rigger and like half a 20 dollar bottle of carpet cleaner shot out of the thing in like 5 seconds

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Oh well.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I had about 10 minutes of sun all week to inspect the mess this left behind. I knew exactly what I was going to see but I tried my best not to look at it since it happened because I knew how horrible it was going to look.

You know what was absolutely f**king pointless about the 6 months since I got the new car? All the countless hours I spent washing, claying, polishing, waxing, glazing and generally babying it. It is COVERED in swirl marks from one single trip through a local roadside hand wash. It will take at least two hours per panel to polish them out, and it's not going to be dry enough to do that here until next summer. I will have to take it to the other house (which has a garage I can actualy put the car in) and polish it indoors before the really bad weather starts over here. <1 year old paintwork + bad winter with no wax or other protection? Forget about it.

I swear if I ever get a nicer car I will never let anyone touch it with anything more abrasive than a microfiber towel. They won't get within 6 feet of it. People just don't understand paint care. I saw a guy sitting (well, leaning) on the bonnet of (presumably) his black BMW 7-series at a filling station whilst talking to someone the other day. Clueless :rolleyes:

Oh and I shut my servers down for maintenance and upgrades earlier and since starting them up again it's taking my workstations AGES to re-index all the files for fast searching. Arrrgh :/

Last edited: 6 Nov 2010
  19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

waiting for my friends to come around, Seeing what the night brings,

If they both let me down, I spent a good 5 minutes doing my hair for nothing, put on all my best cloths, had a shave....

I can put these 30 beers i bought to use though <3

20. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Picking November to stop drinking (just want to see if i I can do it as I realise the mentality of 'I need a drink, now' is not a good one)

Not being invited to the main bonfire all my different groups of friends are going to this year as they're all going in various apparently private groups

My flatmate not even bothering to tell me he's not working, or at the flat, this weekend, so I just spent two hours waiting round for him to get back from work before I cooked for nothing...

Reading through this thread and noticing all the advice on dating / females and thinking - those time scales are daft... really? That's what people work on? Wow... Based on the fact it's been far too long in every way, I only ever have girls who have boyfriends show any interest.

Turning down a night out with two female friends in a different city due to stopping drinking and the fact that the one who has a boyfriend (who won't be there) wants to ... well... yeah... and I figure that's a bad idea - and having them text various abuse / you're missing out because X, messages throughout the night so far...

So, yeah... hrmmm... also realising that living in a stupidly expensive city centre flat means nothing when your flatmate is never here so you have no one to go anywhere with...

*head - desk*

Ohh and as a final one I guess knowing that I can't approach females (or males for the matter but that's less important) who I don't know due to some ridiculous knee-jerk reaction that means I don't get chance to put any thought process into it.

Unicorn - I almost feel I should apologise for the state my paintwork is in... Doesn't help that I bottomed out the front lip while in wales so there are some nice flakes of paint on there...