Am I just unlucky ?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by One_Box, 1 Nov 2010.

1. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

For me October has been a really rubbish month for uploading WUs to Stanford.

SMPs have been the worst, compounded by the fact I don't run my computers 24/7 (electricity costs I'm afraid).

GPU2 units have been uploading without problem but one machine running a GTS 450 seems to have problems every day.

Another machine with a pair of GTX 460s seems to chug along fine - really curious :grr:

To cap it all, one machine yesterday wouldn't even download a uniprocessor client (no work to do!).

I do hope November sees an improvement :eeek:

2. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

hi ONE,

I do not run my comp 24/7 either.... we all give what we can.
    I find when i cannot upload or download i just restart the client and often that can fix the prob.
    Dunno if it helps, but give it a try.
    Goodluck,
    Loons :rock:

3. One_Box

I often end up trying the -send all command which sometimes works but ends up shutting down the client after its failed to upload.

I seem to have more success :grr: with the -oneunit command which seems to keep trying to send the WU but of course does not pick up a new WU.

Still very frustrated :(

4. KieX

KieX What's a Dremel?

I'd recommend you switch the 450 to GPU3, it should solve your problem with that GFX card in particular. What flags are you using on the smp clients?

5. One_Box

Thank you Kiex, I am using GPU3 on the GTS 450 (fermi card).

Flags for SMP clients are -smp -advmethods

The issue has been and remains at the Stanford end. I believe they are commissioning some new results servers which take some time to settle down. I still have trouble uploading GTS 450 units most days although they do seem to eventually get to the correct destination. :grr:

6. KieX

KieX What's a Dremel?

Being new please forgive me for not knowing what level of knowledge you were at :blush: Just checking the basics first, which normally solves most problems :hehe:

As far as I can tell your setup seems fine for SMP and I presume the same for the 450. One thing I would suggest is having a look around the F@H forum in case there is a common problem. Useful to know if there's WU shortages and stuff like that.