Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

:( I know how it feels man. All I can say is you gotta get yourself out there. Make one or two good friends. No need to have tons of friends. I finally made a few friends this summer. It can be very hard to do but you just gotta force yourself to just go for it.

2. Timsu

Timsu What's a Dremel?

4 days off from work in past 30 days. SO TIRED

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

There's no food to eat

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Well my dad made the silly mistake of switching our internet over to.. wait for it... ORANGE FOR CRIST SAKES!

Which will take 10 days to complete, Damn it'll probably be worst then the aol we're using atm -.-

Will give me time to read the last harry potter book though, which i never got to do

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

-Ex has been giving me mixed messages. First she wants me gone then it's i love you i left so-and-so to get with you, and so on and so forth 4 or 5 times in the last 3 months.
    =I'm not going back

-I have shared care of our two children, two days and two nights a week
    =I also pay full child support AND buy diapers, formula, baby wipes and food on top of this when she gets paid only barely less than I do.
    *I also get no days off unlike her. I work 5 days then have 2 days with my kids. She has the kids 5 days (fulltime mum) and then 2 DAYS OFF when I have the kids. Selfish wench

-I'm the brokest I've ever been. I have defaulted on thousands owed due to the relationship with my control freak ex
    =last week was the first week I didn't have to borrow money to make ends meet in over 6 months

-WOF due this week (NZ equivalent of MOT)
    =It's going to fail. I suspect tyres (~$400 worth) and some minor rust needs to be fixed.
    *I have put 20,000kms on this car since its purchase 4 months ago due to the move with the ex to a new city but keeping my old job.

-my bipolar withn depressive episodes is coming back. and I do NOT want to be on those meds again
    =There are two other things that I can do to calm the episodes.
    *Drinking or cutting

GAH fml><

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

My old man reversed my car around a concrete pillar.... Needless to say the drivers side if scratched to hell with deep ruts and there are some serious dents in it... there goes any re-sale value on it now :(

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Even though it's your dad - make him pay for the repair?

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

This weekend the fun est thing i have to look forward is sunday church, I've never been before, I don't believe in god and all that crap, But might as well, check out the birds exc

And another problem, I'm in London 19-21 seeing a amazing girl, and another one wants to meet me on the 20th, in my home town, Which isn't going to happen <3

Last edited: 12 Nov 2010
  9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

In the past couple of days I have developed a very painful and irritating problem with my jaw on the right side. Every time I open my mouth past a certain point - namely to eat or drink anything - and stretch/flex the muscle on that side of my face, I get an excruciating pain shooting through that muscle and up into my temple. Basically I've been living on a diet of soup, coffee and painkillers taken through a straw since breakfast yesterday :(

Give it a chance. You never know what might happen.

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Stop upsetting your other half, then she'll stop hitting you and then the pain will go away...Simples;)

11. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Daft thing - V12 (Scan) Finance won't let me use different billing and delivery addresses, despite having no problems with any other retailer, so going to have to go down the bank tomorrow and update my address. I know I should have changed my billing address from my parents' address a while ago, but it's never been a problem until now. Plus, there's always someone in my parents' house to receive important/signed-for documents there (ie new cards, one of which came last week).

Down the bank tomorrow, then!

12. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Driving home a deer decided to broadside my car.... deer out of f*cking nowhere, and now I have a nice dent in the front drivers side panel (in front of the drivers door, over the wheel-well) along with a dent on the hood, and a very loose bumper... at least I saw him quickly enough to slow up enough that he didn't hit me full in the driver's door.

At least the deer ran away, which is something, otherwise it would have been a giant pain in the ass

13. Unicorn

What other half? :/

Anyway the slightly stupid method of treating it by dosing myself with painkillers seems to be working quite well. I ate solid food for breakfast earlier and it isn't nearly as sore as yesterday. I've got an appointment with the Doctor later next week about my knee which has also been getting sore again (as usual - comes with the cold weather) so I might mention it to him when I'm in.

14. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

If you were some kind of electronic device I'd RMA you with all those faults ;)

Unicorn likes this.
  15. Unicorn

Haha, I give you rep for making me chuckle! I wish it was that easy as well :)

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Effin' massive hangover. Damn me.

EDIT: yeah I'm probably gonna die.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2010
  17. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

HEY! im using orange right now :waah:, take that back!

Its a ok network, but weve had so many problems with it :grr:.

18. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Funnily enough, I'm on Orange. Regular 15Mb speed (out of 20, and tbh, the phone exchange is far enough away that I'm considered lucky - though it does occasionally fall to the 10-ish region), no complaints about service - either telephone or broadband, no throttling of torrents (Linux distros and abandonware, before I see any of those high horses), and setting up my other router was a doddle (plug Linksys Wifi-N router into back of Orange router, do a little bit of config, and BAM! Gigabit Ethernet, 300Mb Wifi). All for £17 a month including phone line rental.

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The IT guy at my work is an idiot and promised an employee an awesome pc for fairly cheap. He picked some crappy parts, a jobber case and psu that are flimsy and don't have the proper connections and I have to put it all together. To make it worse, he didn't give me an OS and said get windows 7 for him and word, etc. As if I have multiple spare copies laying around that I can give out for free... The IT guy at my work is a complete moron that really doesn't know anything about hardware. He still thinks p4's are "current" and 2gb of ram is "more than enough"

20. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

A tile came off our roof and hit our neighbours car.

We then find out that the "hassel free mortgage swap" we did with the Manchester building soc to the Halfix didn't do the buildings insurance, even though it was aksed for. no Cover.
    (With the Manc Build soc, a single payment went out for Life cover + Buildings ins + mortgage, we assumed them same deal as thats what we asked for)

£600.

We could try and do the builders on the extension.

We could let him loose his no claims and screw up his premiums.

But. It's our fault for not checking.

Ironically I had £600 worth of work lined up as a foriegner.

Easy come easy go.

On the plus side we've not paid premiums for 3 years scince we had the extension, so we didn't pay £150 each year....
    Still pulling £600 out of thin air is a pain....

F*@#ing Ba$7@rd Bug*&%ing 5h!t