News Sandy Bridge launch date rumoured

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Nov 2010.

1. new_world_order

new_world_order 4.0 GHz Dremel

Overclocked Sandy Bridge

Googling on "overclocked Sandy Bridge" turned up a company called Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking going with the Gigabyte UD7 (it held a 4.5 GHz overclock for 24x7 use on the i7-2600K) and the Gigabyte UDH2 which held 4.2 GHz on the i5-2500K.

Source:
    http://www.liquidnitrogenoverclocking.com/index2.shtml

2. new_world_order

3. DagenhamDave1

DagenhamDave1 What's a Dremel?

There does seem to be a lot of talk about why we need 4-8 cores on a CPU when most games will only use 1-2. If you remember when the Core 2 came out, they never mentioned a program using more than one core, they said you could run several programs simultaneously. I play EQ2 and often have other programs running or even stream video while I play. If you know the game you will also know that the graphics are CPU heavy which is why I will be going for the 17 2600 3.4ghz instead of he enthusiast CPU which doesn't have the on board graphics chip. I will also be going for the 1155 Gigabyte UD5 or UD7. Finely a black Gigabyte MB.

4. new_world_order

Don't any of you guys play chess? The parallel searching programs out there crush the competition that are single core. Try running the chess program named Houdini on 8 threads, it searches over 10 million positions per second on my system.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Just to clarify, it IS a rumour and it was a mis-communication between myself in TW and the UK guys and has been changed from 'announced' to 'rumoured'. Intel has not announced anything but unfortunately we cannot change the url once it has been published :(

6. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

My i7-870 @ 4Ghz is twice as fast as my Q6600...

Not bothered about the next step, I have no use for more performance than I've got now.

dunx

7. new_world_order

That's what I thought, until someone pointed out the 5.0 GHz Gulftown that was for sale :)

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Thanks for clearing it up and changing the thread title!

Tags: Add Tags