1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Yeah... finished all licenses an hour back and did the whole Beginners-series in gold.

Lot's of cars in my garage including an AMG SLS, Jaguar E-Type, Lancer Evo X, etc..

Best way to make alot of easy money I've found is to do the profi-series... Lupo-Cup! A single round of Nordschleife awards you with 20000 credits and it's easy to win and it's still the best racetrack in the whole game.

The Special-trainings are awesome aswell. Especially the AMG-driver-training :D

EDIT: Oh and to those who have problems with GT5.... disable PSN and it works 100% fine. The online-thingy slows the whole game down, even when you're not driving an online-race.

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

argh walmart still didnt have the game today!!!!

:wallbash:

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah but im having issues with the braking being far too sensitive. i need more tinker time.

4. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

I'm struggling to think how I'm going to use my wheel. it needs to be screwed onto a base of sorts, but when playing the PS3 I use a massive bean bag and imagine it'll be really uncomfortable on my lap. I reckon I could be doing a Wickes/Homebase trip today to get bits for a tray of sorts.

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I use a Wheelstand Pro for my 360 wheel - excellent piece of kit and it folds away too. I used to have my wheel on my knee, and then screwed 'heath robinson' onto a chair and then various other things. The stand makes all the difference.

I am getting a Logitech wheel for the PS3 soon and have ordered the conversion kit for Wheelstand Pro so I can use both the MS and Logitech wheels.

It's a £100 or so investment for the stand, but well worth it if you use it a lot.

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

It's going to be a difficult choice this evening. Walking Dead or GT5, hmmmm... :)

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

watch walking dead, stay up an extra hour, simples.

8. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Hmm, I've checked it out and it does look good, but the position I recline in on my big bean bag is more of an F1 car position and I can't work out if the Wheelstand will be able to achieve that. It looks more for upright chair gaming? Plus, even if it does tilt back towards my lap, it looks like the peddles would then be weighted by the wheel and possibly lift off the floor.

I have just been looking at the Playseats that were linked somewhere on these forums a few weeks back. There is a bog standard Rookie model that will replace my bean bag for racing games quite nicely but I'm unsure if the bog standard Rookie chair is able to accept the G27 gear attachment without an additional bracket. Although they do sell the Rookie complete with a G27 ... so I have emailed the company to find out about it. I'm not thrilled at the idea of lugging the gaming seat in and out of the garage everytime I want a race session, but long term plans include a dedicated gaming/TV room and the seat would fit in nicely with that.

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i have my wheel setup on a stool and its really not comfortable, ill have to try somethng else.

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It is fully adjustable. I use it on a soft sofa and have it adjusted to a large angle so that the wheel sits between my knees. Basically you can move it into just about any position and it is very stable.

The playseats look quite good, but they don't look so easy to store when you are not playing.

11. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

You're right, the more I think about lugging the Playseat in and out, the more I am turned off. Maybe sometime in the future when I get a proper setup.

I have now discovered the Atomic Driving Station, and I'm kinda torn between that and your recommendation. Again, have emailed that company for more information on their product.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

In case it helps, here is a quick pic of my wheel and stand.

[​IMG]

The stand will angle lower and the base that the wheel attaches to can be rotated too.

'scuse the messy room - we are in the middle of decorating ;-)

13. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

I use my pc chair and my ironing board as a steering wheel / pedal system. I can adjust height and length to infinte degrees. Looks really pikey and **** though, and kinda ruins the whole immersion thing when your dashboard is a ironing cover with flowers on it :D.

14. kenco_uk

Now there's a corner of the market that hasn't been covered :D

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Brings a new dimension to the phrase 'steaming down the straight'!!

16. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

not that ive tried it
    but maybe you could invest in one of those dinner trays with a been bag underneath

17. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Has anyone else run into a problem with lobbies, namely, joining them, and not being able to press any icons/buttons, not even being able to select exit? I joined a few lobbies and the only way to quit the lobby was to quit the game ... any ideas?

Hmm, not sure that the angle will work. Between the floor and my butt there is about 6 inches of bean bag and I am fully slouching back due to the back support in the bag. In fact the other stand I was looking at now looks like a no-goer too. I'm reckoning on that Rookie chair again.

The steering wheel in your pic looks too high for someone sat on a bean bag. When I was sat on mine, the only comfy position I found was practically resting it on my legs on top of a cushion. You couldn't measure from the floor to the underneath of the steering wheel stand could you? Is there any imbalance in the stand? Like when you lift up both feet to toggle peddles when cornering or in hectic overtaking maneuvers?

Last edited: 26 Nov 2010
  18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

@Ape.

The top bit of the stand is telescopic, so it will drop down to the hight of the black portion of the tubing.

It is your feet that maintain the balance if you have the angle past the balance point. I normally use it this way. If you are really hectic with your feet then I suppose there could be some movement, but I have not noticed this. If you take both your feet off the pedals (and completely off the pedal plate), then yes, the stand will tip towards you. Normally when my feet are off the pedals then my heels are still on the plate - maintaining balance.

To be honest it sounds as if a chair would be best for you - you'll just have to lug it around when you don't need it!

I'll measure the stand tomorrow for you though and post up the dimensions.

19. kenco_uk

1.02 update - another 133MB file! I wonder if it'll fix the network issues?

20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Not tried online yet I've been content trying to get golds in the licenses and failing by mere 1/100s of a second arrrgh.

Has anybody imported their cars from PSP, not seen where this is possible, or sure if I really want to, do have some nice motors though.