Gaming World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 11 Jan 2011.

1. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I 100% agree with you :thumb:

The only argument I can see to that is that most FPS / RTS games can be played to death online for free. However they are a totally different type of game.

I may even download the WoW trial this afternoon when I finish work and give it a try...

2. RonanH

RonanH mod-envious

Sounds promising but the main thing stopping me from ever trying WoW is the cartoonish graphics. It still looks terrible. That car pic with the octagonal wheels makes me cringe :p

If they ever bother to revamp the engine and update all the graphics I may consider it, other than that, no thanks.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

boiled_elephant likes this.
  4. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

I wanted to get into WoW but never had the time :( Wish I could just spend 6 months on it straight, that would be great. But then there's the money too, I'm not willing to fork out for a subscription, yes I am quite tight ;)

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

The engine as a whole is much improved over vanilla wow, on a very basic level the character models of the Worgen and Goblins are far more detailed than the original characters.

Blizz have implemented lots of graphical tweaks to make it pretty so don't write it off too quickly.

6. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I found the new expansion to be too easy.

60-70 was a pain

70-80 was another pain too

80-85 piece of piss

all my charecters are now 85

and i have even fallen in love with my hunter again :)

DPS PEW PEW PEW

7. TissieSaffie

TissieSaffie What's a Dremel?

Just adding my two penneth worth to the WoW discussion. Have been playing since 2005 and in my opinion Cataclysm is the best expansion so far. No so much the 80 - 85 questing and new end game content but the way they have redesigned Azeroth completely. Old players can level a new character and enjoy all the zones again from scratch. Love a bit of the Dick van Dyke cockney accent for the worgen's as well!!

Happy questing, see you in Azeroth
    (Saffie Hellscream-EU)

8. TissieSaffie

TissieSaffie What's a Dremel?

Jammy Git!!

9. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Just downloading the trial now to try out...

Out of interest though - what are the overall costs for someone starting with the game?

10. Chromefury

Chromefury What's a Dremel?

I played 209 days in two years, although I obviously didn't play by moderation. I was living by myself, working, and didn't have a wife (or an outside life) at the time so it didn't matter, I loved it and even miss those days in a way, lol. If money didn't matter, and I had the time to spend 10 hours a day playing every day, I probably would like many people on there would (I know this because I would group and raid with them that often, lol). But like anything else, habbits and addictions aren't an issue until it starts to effect your wife, roommate, family members as with drugs, work or any thing else you do excessively that effect others, lol. But I won't bash anyone that plays, I was paying my own bills as a bachelor so it didn't effect anyone else, although I was too busy working and running errands on weekends to hang out or go to bars, lol, ok I was raiding, lol. The game resetting every expansion wouldn't bother me all that much that causes people to give up on progression. Ok, well the uneven classes would irritate me as it is no secret in wow, but I will never play again because I'm happily married and kind of want to keep it that way, I would strive to be the best geared so I had to quit because that game would consume my life so I quit by choice, lol. I heard Cat' is awesome though, kind of want to check it out to be honest, lol.

11. UrbanSmooth

UrbanSmooth Surround Gamer

Best WoW raid of all time: Ulduar

The Lich King expansion was a lot of fun, Dalaran was great, L80 questing and dailies were fun, L80 Heroics were the best Heroics in the game (excluding PoS, HoR, and FoS), Icecrown Citadel was fun. Wintergrasp was so much fun!

Now, we have Cata, and Cata is just not the same. Things are harder, take more time, and the raids are not looking so good for Cata. Perhaps the Deathwing raid can save Cata. For now, the Cata raids are total failsauce.

Tags: Add Tags