1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware PC Hardware Buyer's Guide, January 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 Jan 2011.

1. McSteel

McSteel Shape Memory Alloy

Supply vs Demand is what dictates the prices. Even if nVidia decides to keep the price of the GTX570 GPU and the AIB partners follow suit, the retailers will simply stop stocking up, and eventually lower the prices themselves, when the demand goes out the window. Sure, they'll sacrifice profits, but it's better to minimize losses than to be stubborn. In turn, nVidia will have to cave in and either lower the 570 (and maybe 580) prices or introduce something to fill the gap, say, 565.

2. Scootiep

Scootiep Minimodder

THANK YOU!!!!! Seriously Bit-Tech, if you guys put off a buyer's guide every time there's something new around the corner, you're NEVER GOING TO HAVE A BUYERS GUIDE AT ALL. Just publish a "What's best this month" with a disclaimer about what's coming soon. There are people out there who aren't in a position to wait and would like the info. Either that or just postpone your buyer's guides until Quantum Computing becomes a reality and stop f&$king with us.

3. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

Skimlinks suck... "A not so secret graphics card launch" i thought there might a be a clue... no, it was a skimlink. suckage.

4. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

"this list is a not-so-secret graphics card"

An ebay page? Ha ha!

"a not-so-secret graphics card launch ....which promises to make most cards in the £150 to £220 price bracket seem utterly archaic"

BUT WILL IT PLAY CRYSIS? ...and more to the point ...WILL BT TEST IT IN THAT GAME TO PROVE THAT IT CAN ...OR CAN'T???

5. streetuk

streetuk What's a Dremel?

For the people that don't sit on their PCs 24/7 can you explain what we're actually waiting for and why its worth the wait? Seems like I was waiting for this guide since the beginning of January and that wasn't worth the wait either. Not expecting you to make the PC industry move quicker but do you mind letting us know early on in the month that there isn't going to be a useful buyers guide this month.

6. streetuk

Also, why not just release the buyers guide next week when these graphics cards come out?

7. CAT-THE-FIFTH

CAT-THE-FIFTH What's a Dremel?

I still see the article is still linking to the GTX460SE 1GB and NOT the GTX460 1GB on Scan.

The GTX460SE,ie, GTX460 Smart Edition has less shaders than a normal GTX460 1GB.

8. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

I'm confused, do you mean the GTX560Ti, or HD6950 1GB with a BIOS unlock to HD 6970 1GB, all due around the 25th.

I'm seriously tempted by the latter, but then I've always been on the ATi side of the fence.

9. CAT-THE-FIFTH

CAT-THE-FIFTH What's a Dremel?

Excellent! The link has been changed now.

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I liked the way that was laid out, showing options from a base system.

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Double post

Last edited: 19 Jan 2011
  12. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I could also be tempted by a 560 or 1GB 6970, depending on the price/performance of both.

13. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Thanks for delaying, I think all the EnglishTrolls need to move to a place with more sun, never seen so much complaining about nothing.

14. streetuk

You do realise this site is based in the UK? Don't understand how you can call us trolls either, you're basically causing an argument by calling us all trolls. We have the right to post a complaint. All you've done is post something that is irrelevant and is just going to wind people up.

15. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I thought nobody would recommend anything but Corsair HX or AX series PSUs now. and 650W ? isn't that a bit short?

Last edited: 19 Jan 2011
  16. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Nope.
    Also, bit-tech were right to delay the guide. The games they've chosen for graphics testing on the other hand........

17. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight What's a Dremel?

I agree this is stupid, instead of waiting for the GTX560 just put a Radeon HD6870 in the build instead.

18. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Or even, given that this is the internets, just update the guide in a couple of weeks with whatever new hotness is about to come out.
    (oh, and it's lovely and sunny here near bristol today. Freezing, but sunny.)

19. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

20. Luay

Luay What's a Dremel?

Love the Sandy Bridge!

Best motherboard so far is the Asrock Extreme 4. 8x8 dual GPU and all the overclocking futures you will need for a price even cheaper than the P8P67. I'm hopeful that you guys will agree. Ultimately I think Intel will dominate the motherboard arena but they are a bit behind schedule for now.

Tags: Add Tags