Rant Scansure

Discussion in 'General' started by rizla4, 23 Jan 2010.

1. c0ldfused

c0ldfused What's a Dremel?

lol - earlier at lunch, shook a small bottle of orange juice as you would.
    Forgot to place the cap on before hand... as you wouldn't. The person on my right wasn't happy as his watch was covered in juice.

That could have been my PC. Scansure is a great option!

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You've been here less than a month and posted less than 10 times and already you strike me as a bit of an idiot.

Don't you check your basket and read everything on the page before you place an online order? Because I do...

Anyway, Scansure is there for peoples protection. I've never taken it out on any components that I have bought but I can imagine it comes in handy more than often for people who haven't been building PCs for more than 6 years.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The only time it is worth buying is when purchasing a motherboard. For anything else I agree, I don't see the point.

4. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

this.
    the way i see it you have 3 types of people
    1.people who are competent but not neccesarily confident
    2.people who have some knowledge but are way too confident and over baering about their limited knowledge (come on every one knows one, i know several)
    3.people who are competent and confident but not to the point where they have an over eagerness to show that they know everything

in my my mind scansure is aimed at the the first 2 i listed as they are the ones who need it most, if your not confident or too confident then things will go wrong, ive sorted many a mess out for a friend because they thought they knew what to do but in the end knew absolutely sod all.

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Really good service tbh, and if you've noticed it on your order form, why not just cancel it and order it again? Without the Scansure option? And canceling items on Scan is really really simples :)

6. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

I wonder if Scan can retrofit Scan Sure to my keyboard now that comment just made me shoot orange juice out my nose...

Having just renewed my car insurance and picked through the bewildering number of extra charges that are included by default "legal cover", "courtesy car", "breakdown cover", "protected no claims"... blah, blah I can say with a degree of confidence that this is a common practice.

All Scan are doing is giving you the option of covering a component should you have a "dog ate my homework" moment... hardly grounds to scrag them for giving you a choice.

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Original post was over a year ago.

You shouldn't have to. Additional features should NEVER be an "opt-out". They are slipping an extra item into your basket without your consent and then charging you for it. How would you like it if the next time you went to the store they tacked on an extra 2 quid charge that you had to read your reciept and decline? It's the same thing. This should be illegal.

I'm not saying it's a bad product, but like any purchase YOU should be the one deciding if it goes in your basket or not.

8. lidiot

lidiot What's a Dremel?

I think this is more of a ******** (this is a joke for those who are a bit slow and think it is OK for companies to rip people off). If you Tescos put a tin of beans in your basket and sold it to you unless you took it out would that be ok? They put in as default to trick you into buying it only an idiot would buy it if they had to select it.
    I just bought an item from them, realised I should have unchecked it after I had paid. I have asked them to refund me, we shall see.

Regards

Tags: