Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

His names, Nealieboyee

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I see what you did there :thumb:

Haha. Took me a couple of seconds, but i got it.

...and dont' call me Shirley :D

3. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Had my Jan exam results back today. Did well overall; am happy with the results.

4. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Busy day at work. Going by fast. Had a good lunch. Gonna go see my GF after work :)

5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Went to see the football team I support (Cardiff) play today. We won 1-0 so happy with that. Had (2!) nice burgers before the match too.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Lying in bed, toast, good cup of tea, and Siamese Dream on horribly loudly.

Almost as perfect a Sunday as morning as possible.

7. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Off to Cardiff soon to see a girl who I haven't seen for five years, who knows maybe I'll like her more than the girl at work and something happens; it'll stop me whingeing that's for sure.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I had a pork pie and it tasted great! :p

Im feeling pretty great atm for no reason, i looked in the mirror and my beard has grown crazy in the last few days.... strange thing to think is awesome but eventually it will grow even both sides and will look better

9. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

My safety....

On our way back from the city to my girlfriends house someone coming the opposite way on the highway tried to take a turn-off from the highway and it was icy and they hit the ditch and rolled over. It happened just as we went by them. All I saw was a sideways car then the tail lights were facing us and it rolled over into the ditch.

We took an exit off the highway 2 miles ahead then turned around to go check. Didn't feel safe stopping right there because it was totally black outside and very icy and some traffic. We got there a few minutes later and 2 other cars had stopped and they said everything was under control. It looked like the car was on its roof and it had slid like 70 feet from where it hit the ditch.

So I am quite pleased that we weren't the ones to do that.

Also, spending the weekend with my girlfriend was absolutely amazing! :D

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Found a local resource for airbrushing and another for engraving acrylic. Also found a retail outlet for acrylic, and a powdercoat guy. No small feat for rural Iowa, USA.

11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

My new 150watt equivalent energy saving bulbs are amazingly bright, and produce actual white light, vs the horrid orange glow of my old bulbs- I whole heartedly recommend people to spend the ~£3 per bulb and buy a few, it will dramatically brighten up your rooms + the spiral versions look wicked too. :D

12. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Today was rather nice.

Went to Cardiff, met up with a friend who I haven't seen for five years. Was nice to catch up with her after all that time. Ought to be seeing her again soon :) Hurrah!

Shiny new HTC Desire should be arriving within the next 12 hours, finally ditch the lump of hardware that calls itself a phone that I'm currently typing this on, an infamous Nokia 5800.

And it's my day off tomorrow; phone in morning, possibly sort out some motorbike safety gear, clear out my nan's loft then pub in the evening. Admittedly it's Valentine's Day tomorrow and I have no one to call my valentine but I'm trying to not let it dampen my spirits.

/first properly happy post in a while.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2011
  13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Back at work after ~40 hours spent driving last week.
    Included in the trip: My Sister's 30th BDay, Paulaner Weissbier at the Cape Town V&A Waterfront, The best burgers South Africa has to offer and 2 hours of getting my face burned by Pyrotechnics while seeing Rammstein from right up front. :D

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Parents visited for the weekend, which was great, and I got told that I've lost weight. Made me feel good about myself for a few minutes.

15. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Went shooting again.

I love the Swedes. 6.5x55mm is winsauce.

16. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Offer for graduate-entry medical school. Made it through a selection process that has 1 in 30 getting a place

17. Little_chef

Little_chef Now with added custom rig!

My Blackstar HT-5 guitar amp. It handles pretty much anything I throw at it, all wrapped in a little red package.

18. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Picked up my bass again yesterday and instantly played Around The World - RHCP :D

Unicorn likes this.
  19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Rep for that! Aside from my older, also Bass-playing brother, Flea is the reason I first picked up a bass and started playing :thumb:

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Same buddy! He's an absolute fiend of music :D

I'm a metal player mostly but I love KoRn and RHCP because of the funk bass they've got as backing!