1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Shuttle Talks Shop and Previews the XPC SH67H3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Feb 2011.

1. TheAnswer

TheAnswer What's a Dremel?

Having been the victim of the crappy capacitor issue with Shuttle in past, I'm glad to see them at least making one step forward.

2. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

+1.

Thats abit sad really, 3 SATA ports would have been ideal, as you state, 2 drives and a CDrom.

My P35 shuttle has 4 sata ports, but only 3 logical and default installation locations for drives, so that was one to many. Now they are limiting you to 1 optical and one HDD ?

3. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Is it hard to fit a high-end GPU into a Shuttle case? I want a Shuttle case for my next PC.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Nope, this is the compatibiliy list for the SX58H7, the previous high end i7 box.
    Some pretty big cards in there.
    http://global.shuttle.com/support_list03.jsp?PI=1219
    The compatibilitylist for the SH67H3 or SH67H7 isn't out yet.

To be on the safe side though, ask around in the shuttle forums, you're not the only one planning that.
    I've had to remove a little shroud in my P-series chassis to have enough room for the X1800XT which is pretty long.

Er-El likes this.
  5. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

I'm quite amazed no-one's made a 3.5" fan controller that has room for a HDD mount behind it. A card reader, I can understand (Though I should think it's still possible) as the cards need a certain depth with which to be inserted, but all a fan controller needs is the depth of the pots + circuit board. If you made one that connected to the four screw holes under a HDD (Thereby using the HDD to support the controller, while allowing the HDD to be mounted as it's meant to), you'd have enough space between the HDD and the fascia for the necessary electronics. It could probably be done with a card reader too, but there wouldn't be much "Insertion".

Just a thought.

6. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

It's a 92mm fan so no, an Asetek (or Corsair if you must pay the badge tax) 120mm unit wouldn't fit. Unlike in our GameCube where it fits nicely.

Did you ask them for an overclockable P67 barebones?

7. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

It's a 92mm fan so no, an Asetek (or Corsair if you must pay the badge tax) 120mm unit wouldn't fit. Unlike in our GameCube where it fits nicely.

Did you ask them for an overclockable P67 barebones?

Tags: Add Tags