Gaming Critical Hit: Is the Xbox 360 Dead in the Water?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 3 Mar 2011.

1. ut66

ut66 What's a Dremel?

this consoles need to die, specially the ps3! sony always manages to ruin everything specially -pc- games... first with the ps2 and now with this pos3, ( stop fuking up pc games dumbases, and try something new for a change like Nintendo for a change) it the game is 360 and pc usually it dsnt suck as hard, ( talking about the grafics, because controls and gameplay are obviously ruined) but if the game is multiplat > pc, 360, ps3? always looks like crap.

2. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Whats an xbox 360? Looks like Bit-tech is turning into a console website. I'm just waiting for Bit-Tech to have a picture of super mario plastered all over the page with game stop advertisements running on the side.

The 360 lacks Exclusives and the horse power to keep up with the PS3. 85% of it's catalog is available on the PS3. Would of been nice to see a Water cooling round up instead of some article on a dumb console.

3. CDomville

CDomville ^ I am THIS Possum

yes, there aren't any first party disc-based titles that particularly appeal to me (bar Forza, as you've mentioned).

But there's one place that the Xbox 360 shines above all else, and that it the Xbox LIVE MArketplace. IloMilo, Trials HD, Cattle Crashers, Stacking, all games that'll be fun to play on the 360, and all games I plan to play in the next few months.

EDIT: And super Meat Boy, though i have that on steam it's not on the PS3, is it? :p

4. Gh0stDrag0n

Gh0stDrag0n Unleash the Beast!

We will see a new console from MS 12/21/12 called the XBox Armageddon....:hehe:

Seriously though, all three are in dire need of an upgrade. Consoles are severely holding back game development.

5. Blassster

Blassster What's a Dremel?

Thoughts coming from a gamer who started 20 years ago:

There hasn't really been anything on the 360 that caught my eye to justify getting one. I'm against the Kinect because I can't stand motion-controlled games (I guess it's the "classic" or hardcore gamer in me), so that's not bringing anything new that's useful to me.

I have a PC and PS3, which catches most of the segregation of titles. I find 360 is likely to share a release with the PC (at least in time), which was one of my main reasons to go with Sony. Not to mention blu-ray, of course.

I will admit that XBL has a better reputation Sony's service, but if I'm gaming online (or at all) I'd rather be getting down and dirty on my lover anyway (...the PC) :p

6. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Spell check?

Anyways, the Xbox 360 will turn 6 years old this November, for the amount of time I've spent playing this console, I wouldn't say it's losing steam at all, but I sure am. I can barely keep up with the games I do own, and I want several more. With my other addiction (paintball), I'm glad they're not releasing a billion new titles that interest me. It's expensive buying games, I'm pretty content with what games I do have.

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

+1 to that, I'm finding it hard to keep up with the games I've got and the games I want that have just been released. Need more time to play :)

8. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Any article named Is xbox 360/ps3 dead... is jsut complete fanboy war mongering and just feels like a hollow views/discussion generator.

Both consoles are good, the differences resulting in an issue of personal preference inw hich qualities you value more.

Though both are getting long in the tooth, and i personally woul like to see a sucessor to both, atleast announced for year or two down the line.

9. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I'm having too much fun playing Super Street Fighter 4 to care if the 360 is dying.

10. Camacha

Camacha What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm actually quite curious how both the 360 and PS3 are going to do the coming next 3 years. They are pretty ancient already and they have quite a long way to go.

11. ObeyTheCreed

ObeyTheCreed What's a Dremel?

While the 360 may have started to lose it's steam since the halo franchise ended, there are still such good titles as Assassin's Creed(personal favorite :D), COD, Bad Company, etc. And while i do see what they're talking about with the production going down, i have to disagree that the 360 is not as popular as it used to be. Even without halo (which few of my friends actually played), the 360 is the most epic console ever, i mean just look at xbox live, this has to be the greatest invention of multiplayer ever! And compared to the Playstation Network, Live wins every time. But again i can see how people would believe the 360 is losing it's steam because Microsoft really hasn't released any really good titles in a while (It's been 4 months already!).

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12697975

I don't think you can bury the old girl just yet.

13. Pooeypants

Pooeypants What's a Dremel?

No, the greatest invention wrt multiplayer is Steam on the PC. It started off as a pile of tosh back in 2004 when it was packed with Half life 2 but as been refined to near perfect since there.
    If Xbox Live is anything like Games for Windows Live (GFWL) then it is an atrocious piece of horse droppings, completely useless to the point of making the multiplayer unusable. In fact, I think we can all agree that nearly any game which has had GFWL incorporated as part of MP on the PC has failed spectacularly.
    Microsoft are the biggest bunch of hypocrites; on the one hand they're in the PCGA but on the other... the keep taking games and making them Xbox exclusives. Look what they did to Alan Wake, it was going to be a brilliant survival shooter showing DX10 (possibly DX11) graphics before it was pulled by MS.

Tags: Add Tags