1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL So, which arm do you wear your watch on?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 6 Mar 2011.

1. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Don't wear a watch. Watches are for people who care, something which i do not. :)

2. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

left hand all the way, and digital 12 hr instead 24 hr time display :)

3. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

left.
    I have a large scar on my right arm from when I stuck my fist through a double glazed door, feels weird with a watch on it so hence left.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Left, and only take it off when I go to bed, and sometimes I forget even that, feels weird when I'm not wearing one.

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

This ^^ .

EoD.

6. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Left wrist, clock-face on the outside. I thought for a time it would be nice to have the clock-face on the inside of my wrist but after a trip and fall on pavement and one smashed up watch later I changed my mind and decided to wear it with the clock-face outwards. I do take it off when I plan on being very active, swimming, getting dirty or going to sleep. I also don't bring it with me when I take a trip to someplace I might not be able to go visit again anytime soon for fear of mis-placing it and not being able to find it.

7. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

I'm right handed but always wear my watch on my right arm.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Just to clarify my last post I wear my watch on my right arm with the face outwards. Not that I would put anyone off their notion, but wearing it with the face inwards just seems strange to me. Plus it would scratch the face of your nice watch (if you wear nice watches that is) really badly!

Last edited: 11 Mar 2011
    sleepygamer likes this.
  9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Watch on the left arm if I've got some form of bracelet type thing on the right, otherwise it's on the right. Watch face always facing outwards... Feels awkward and uncomfortable on the inside.

10. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Yes. Yes I do.

It is of note I have a guitar in my lap right this second. If it were not midnight, I would have my 120W tube amp turned on and turned up. It is about 1 metre to my left, and has a mic in front of it for instant recording. I have my wah wah set at my feet, under my desk.

High five for right wrist buddies!

11. pcclan

pcclan What's a Dremel?

i wear my watch on my right hand so when i have to use it it's on my most used hand anyways

12. logan'srun

I guess I need to further clarify my statement then.

Growing up I tried to emulate everything my best friend did. We met when we were 10 and have been best friends for over 30 years. Back then he was a real military brat as his father was a fighter pilot and handed down to his sons different military traits to his kids. One of them was the watch on the inside wrist. As both boys were hunters as well (even though most hunting weekends for them tended to come home with nothing but squirrels or jack rabbits instead of the deer and elk licenses they had) it was also a benefit as it prevented game from spotting them as they hunkered down in the bushes.

After wearing my watch for so long on the inside, I've tried to switch to the outside but it just feels wrong.

Some of the advantages I've noticed to the inside wrist is that it is almost impossible for someone to see you checking the time; especially if you're stuck in a meeting or the wife made dinner plans with the (boring)neighbors. Nobody is offended by your time keeping measures. As far as comparisons between a dress watch and casual watch I still wear a dress watch on the inside as I'm not afraid to scratch the face and I feel that the bulk fits better under your cuffs.

As others have noted, I tend to take off my watch for most activities that involve exertion, all others though I leave it on.

I also keep my watch on when diving as I use it as a secondary depth and timepiece as a back-up to my computer.

Suunto has been my go to everyday watch for the last 14 years and the current model I have now is their best yet. Besides it's looks are so sharp that I can almost pass it off as a dress watch.

[​IMG]

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I wasn't criticizing you for wearing it like that, I just noticed that people were including that as well as which arm they wore it on so I was adding my preference for inward/outward facing.

I know it's mostly a military/hunting thing but seriously I can't get used to it. After 13 odd years of doing it one way I find it's impossible to change and do it another.

14. logan'srun

no harm taken, just I needed to further explain as I'm not ex-mil nor do I hunt.

But like you said, once you've done something for so long it's hard to change!