News Volition: 'We want to make games worth stealing'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Mar 2011.

1. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

:duh:

Last edited: 26 Apr 2011
  2. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

SR2 was never patched to work correctly on Windows 7, which considering how close it was to Win 7's release is just ridiculous. It's still sold on Steam, with no warning that it will run way to fast on 7 for most users. Even if they did outsource it, I'm surprised they didn't take some responsibility for it.

3. chelseascum

chelseascum Vanila's my favourite flavour

This

4. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Every copy pirated does not = a lost sale....just like
    Every NEGATIVE review does not = a lost sale.......just like
    Every Bug in your dam game does not = a refund of my money!!
    Funny how I can return every other product that does not meet my satisfaction except media but these *******s whine the most about sales figures.....STFU and make a quality product.

5. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I would be right on their side if the PC version of Saints row 2 wasn't the buggiest PoS software I've played. Seriously. I had to download a 3rd party app to get it to support widescreen resolutions. That and I still could barely reach above 30fps on medium-high settings (and I'm on an i7)

6. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

:duh:

Last edited: 26 Apr 2011
  7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

make another freelancer with all the original ideas

8. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

did they get this backwards or something? Surely the games should be worth buying and not prirating?

From my experience people only download games that they don't feel are worth buying. Not neccessarilly because they are really crap but maybe because they are not great and darn expensive, also you have to either go out to buy it or order it online and wait for it to be delivered.

So several things contributing to piracy; crap games, price and accessibility. IF they fixed the "crappynes" or price and the accesibility then it would actually be worth it.

Obviously Steam has fixed accessibility and sometime price (when there is a nice juicy sale) but they can't make crap games good :(

9. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Best series ever. Nothing else comes close in that genre.
    +1

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

They likely just meant it as a figure of speech, people seem to have really taken that and ran with it. No doubt Volition doesn't want their games to be pirated, they put their hard work into them afterall.

Although a quick comment on the rest of your post: what does it say about society when people pirate games because they can't be assed to go and buy them? :duh:

11. shanky887614

shanky887614 What's a Dremel?

im not saying piracy is legal or i condon people using it

but i personally know quite a few people that actually get hold of a pirated game to see what its like before they buy it becasue very few games have demos know

if a developer made demos that were portable aplications and didnt need installing then they would sell a lot more games

i dont buy many games becasuse the last few i bought have been awful and ive actually watched the walkthroughs on youtube to see whether the game is anygood but you cant tell if its any good by just watching a video

12. rollo

rollo Modder

SR2 Worked pretty well for me when i got it for pc and was not on anything to fancy then just a 4890 card or sumit close and some old amd system

13. enciem

enciem Minimodder

Yeah, SR2 worked pretty...oh hang on, who gives a balls about SR2, this is about piracy.

I agree with the peeps saying no demos contributes to piracy and also the fact that a computer game is one of the few products that can be released fundamentally broken and the seller can get away with "yeah, we'll get around to partially fixing that at some point for you, don't forget to thank us when we do". That latter element is proper crap.

14. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

yea your right! maybe people are getting more and more lazy these days, but I think thats the direction of media anyway; just have everything come straight to your home instantly with the press of a button. I know I am darn lazy and inpatient, thats why I love steam lol

15. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

QFT

Tags: Add Tags