Build Advice Need advice -ready to build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Branko, 13 May 2011.

1. Branko

Branko What's a Dremel?

New build -use 4 gaming,watching movie,web browsing

VGA- msi 560ti

MOBO - asus p8p67 pro or p8p67 M pro (need advice PRO or M-PRO (mpro is cheaper)

CPU i5 2500k

CPU COOLER - thermaltake frio

RAM - I would like to get 8G 1600mhz (need advice what brand I should get)

SSD - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300

THANK you guys for any advice what ill help. Rest of stuff like case, monitor etc. a have from my previous comp.

2. shah

shah Minimodder

Hi and welcome to bit-tech.

Go with Asus p8p67 M pro
    RAM - get the Corsair Vengence but make sure it can be used with the heatsink as some heatsinks are big and cover RAM slots on the mobo.

What PSU you using?
    Shah

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Looks like a solid line up of components Branko, although I have an alternative suggestion.

Here's a basket I saved through SCAN...

https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/Shop/SavedBasket/Show.aspx?id=4e2fe10877fe43f19c6cb8071cfdbf2f

Also if you bump up to 20 posts on these forums you can get free weekday delivery through SCAN. Saved me a few pennies I can tell you! Also the delivery firm of choice, DPD, have been top notch for getting these expensive items to me.

Personally I'm not sold on the need for 8GB of memory at the moment. If you feel the need to upgrade in the future then I believe better will be available. For example G-Skill have an interesting memory combo called Sniper which runs at 1.25v which is really quite something! I have hopes others will follow such as Corsair to save my electricity bill!

Also definitely drop the C300 that's old technology! Buy the new revision called the 64GB Crucial M4 it's the C300 replacement and far more capable for the same money. Also on the ASUS P8P67 PRO Vs. ASUS P8P67 M PRO, the former full ATX simply offers more connection options. Especially useful if you intend to pop a PCi-Express sound card above the graphics card or perhaps need a couple more fast SATA 3 ports.

4. Branko

Branko What's a Dremel?

THX for advice Shah. My psu is cooler master 1000W.

5. Branko

Branko What's a Dremel?

Im living in USA right now so SCAN not help me . THX for advice i ill get

Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) its 150$ in states

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260 please look at this memory looks like the same what u suggest me.

4g its ok for now and its cheaper :)

I ill probably get also Asus Xonar DS so its good with P8P67M-PRO?

Big thx guys for your time and advice.