Other I survived!

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 29 Apr 2011.

1. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Hey Man. Did you set up a PayPal donation form yet? I would be more than happy advertising donation for such an initiative in the danish casemodding community and also chip in some bucks myself - it's the least I can do.

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

kayinstorm@gmail.com I donated early on. Let's keep this going.

john

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Finally, some possible answers.

We just met with the doctor from Genetics (incidentally, also my geneticist) and Asher is showing an abnormality they cannot explain, name, or predict a path for. He shows a triplication of the distal region of chromosome 3, in the q arm. It's impossible to predict at that point what the **** is going on with him, but at the moment it's a basis for other testing.

He also is still awaiting results to see if he has either of our disorders on top of this.

In better news, his sedation is working better, and they're starting to wean him off the ventilator. Also, his godmother is putting us up here in Birmingham, so we have less transit time. It's not a solution to everything, but it's a great help.

It's getting better, and I can only hope it continues to. We are still left with a lot of questions (and bills) but perseverance is winning out.

4. Nutman

5. HardstylerDK

HardstylerDK What's a Dremel?

Thoughts are with you and your family. I hope it all works out somewhere in the future.

6. KayinBlack

7. KayinBlack

Well, now for some good news.

Snort is finally off sedation, and off the ventilator. He's not happy with all the lines, but he's much more comfortable.

Also, the donations came just in time to fix two bald tires that I had to have pointed out (stupid failing eyes) so we're SO THANKFUL for that right now. It's amazing how well it worked out.

8. paulp

paulp What's a Dremel?

Wow, I hope that things are getting better.

When I talk to God about my life situations, I feel better and things usually get better. After a while it becomes addictive.

All the best to you and yours

9. Nutman

Hey, nice to hear about Snort - I know you're all suffering, but I felt especially bad about him. When he recovers, you gotta mod a computer for him ;)

10. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Great to hear that Snort is off the vent and awake. Really hope that you are feeling ok too.

Really honestly truly wishing that things start to go more your way now.

Say snort to Snort for me.