Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Dice seperates the games into two groups the Battlefield games and the Bad Company as they are very different to each other, just made by the same studio.

2. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Hope this is appropriate for this thread: If I wanted to play it at 1280x1024 at mostly high settings with AA and attain at least ~40fps, would an HD6870 and a 955 be sufficient? (I currently have an HD4850 and a 545)

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

For BF3? That should be fine.

My friend runs BC2 atm on a HD5850 at 1920x1200 on mostly high settings.

However since we're not sure of system specs etc. atm, everything is still speculation.

4. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Haha yep that's true. Coming to think of it, there were times when the enemy went out of LOS/FOV and it was useful to be able to manually spot them.

But yep, enemy titan spotted was an odd option for them to add :hehe:

Last edited: 27 May 2011
  5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Battlefield 3.....Assassins Creed Revalations...Arma 3....Dead Island....And a new Elder Scrolls, this year is going to be one hell of a year...

And thats not even half of the list.

EDIT: And how the fudge did I miss Mass Effect 3?

Last edited: 27 May 2011
  6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Diablo 3, The Old Republic...

Ookay we're getting off track :p.

7. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I'm just listing how awesome this year is going to be, and Battlefield 3 is going to like the giant juicy red cherry sitting upon this soft, smooth, light and fluffly cupcake.

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I run BC2 on a 920 and 5870 and it eats it alive. From all accounts the Frostbite 2 engine should scale performance very well.

9. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I really enjoyed the Titan mode in BF2142, I just liked the idea of a control point ground game which comes to fruition on an assualt on a flying compound!

I know it's unlikely it would have any place in BF3 but it was definitely one of my favourite game modes in BF games.

Also in regards to better squad play, I didn't half enjoy being tactical bugger and being a squad leader, and flying a blackhawk up above capture points REALLY high, and letting team-mates spawn on me and jump out to land on point.

Referred to as a HALO jump in real life! ;)

10. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Titan mode was absolutely brilliant, maybe instead of having big floating ships could have an aircraft carrier each?

11. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Yep, I loved Titan mode. I always prefer the 'special' modes (Titan, Rush in BC2) to the standard 'run around and kill people' (e.g. conquest) modes - even if the latter is still fun.

Titan could get a bit annoying when you had (say) 8 people defending one corridor. You'd have people spamming grenades and medics spamming revive. But there were ways of breaking that sort of defence down, I guess. Overall Titan really was epic; it was tactical and fun.

I always loved waiting as a recon in an MVC until the enemy's shields went down, then instantly shooting up there, getting inside, and taking out two of the consoles before the enemy even started to think about defending. (Sometimes you'd get unlucky and people would be defending preempively, before the shields went down, but that was rare in my experiences)

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Some *small* amounts of new footage in there. Karkand is looking stunning!

Ciber likes this.
  13. EzyRyder

EzyRyder What's a Dremel?

She is stunning! :)

Got to say BF3 is shapping up to be the release of the year... got the Limited Edition preoredered

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

A few days late but SHARKY PENINSULA! http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

I loved this level :D

Karkand is looking lovely and looking forward to tearing it apart :)

15. Seducer_Of_Souls

Seducer_Of_Souls What's a Dremel?

i'm currently building a c/p just for this game have been playing BF2 for the past couple of years i think and BF3 is looking awesome if you have a look at the 12 minute trailer you can see that it looks quite good and looks alot more colourful than most "war games" you see now a days!
    Love that COD know that this is going to be a major player in the BF vs COD war so they quickly try and make a new modern warfare.

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Cute blonde girl a british accent ? :blush:

cool video. I liked the BF retrospective

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

So amazing, not a ton of new footage but talking with the devs was interesting.

18. Ciber

Ciber Minimodder

Why make me want the game so much 6 months before it comes out? Talk about a tease!

Having seen that it looks like you get the map pack by preordering, but I'm not sure how we get the physical warfare pack.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The "Physical Warfare pack" makes it at least 3 versions available at release now. I really am getting sick and tired of all these multiple versions of the same damn game.

Why can't they just make the all pre-orders the damn same! I really does grind my gears. Yes, I help my mates gamestore and this is linked to it since those packs are store-specific usually and shafts independant retailers hard. But purely from a consumer point of view, it is really annoying. The same goes for Space Marine. Please, just release a "collectors edition" after E3 that we can buy anywhere that has everything. I have faith in DICE, I will pay whatever for BF3.

I WANT MY HAPPY MEAL! :D

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Store exclusive content is really ********. Especially when different stores offer different content and/or those stores are only available in the US and maybe the UK.

Though knowing EA, i suspect that this stuff will be available for purchase aswell somehow.