News Age of Empires Online release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

hmmm sounds basically like we are making a game in stages 1st one is free additional stuff making the game complete will cost X. After it becomes a full game we hope you wont have realized it cost you $100 instead of the $40 it should have

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, why not? AoE is pretty well balanced and wouldn't new gameplay.
    At the same time it could do with a slight graphical refresh and stable connections...

4. kaiser

kaiser What's a Dremel?

I'm hoping that they go the same route as Riot did with League of Legends; there is nothing that you can't earn with the in-game currency (even if it takes a million years), but its possible to buy credits too if you feel like it.

I doubt they will though and it'll suffer the same fate as Battleforge.. great game, but nobody could afford to play it. If an average of a £40 rrp for contemporary games wasn't enough..

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I've not even gotten round to use my beta key yet! Looks sweet, must make a point of trying it soon.

6. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Yay Microsoft will set what they think is good value for money in their games...

So they seem to be completely cutting out all resellers/competition so they can charge whatever price they want?

Won't bother touching this, since it's bad enough that Blizz think it's ok to charge for mounts etc...

Gone are the days dev's used to spend as much time as possible stuffing their games with decent content and hours gameplay.

Now we get: here is your new gun/model/race/skin. Same as the default skin just recoloured and because there are no SDKs we can charge for it muwhahhahahaha.

7. balatro2005

balatro2005 Minimodder

Im a big fan of age of empires been so long since I have played. Think ill give it ago :)

8. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

people...
    don't judge the game nor the payment method without trying it...
    all the civs are ballanced, you're basically only paying for "visual" changes, sure there are some different units in the different civs, but they're all ballanced out. (these civs get their own campaigns tho, so you're basically extending SP life of the title)
    and yes, been in it since the closed beta...
    they're pratically giving away a full-fledged campaign for free.

I repeat...
    do try the game prior to judging it, if you're an AoE fan, you'll be very pleased with what you're getting for FREE

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

been in the beta.. they just patched it last night followed by a lot of moaning- it's pretty well balanced.. think have a couple of shots when I was leveling up

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2599/spartan2011042700080265.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2919/spartan2011052201593865.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4803/spartan2011052315433516.jpg

it reminds me of age of kings.. my guys are suited out in epic gear, was easy to get before the update but now.. noone has spotted epic anything

think they've made it very rare.. example between epic and crafted gear.. 12-15% max picking berries.. titan construction shovel 19% on everything

so guys with epics will have an advantage like double hp buildings, ect.. it's still skill based though.. like a new player to aoe will still get a cleaned clock with epics against someone who knows how to manage their economy, rush, just multitask xD

the thing I don't like is you can use consumables in pvp

10. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

graphic style is like torchlight

looks nice but i still dont like payment methods

11. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

nice screens hippoz, i'll be happy if it IS closer to 2 than 3, i hated 3

looks quite cartoony, but not in a bad way.

am definitely going to be checking this out, AoE was my first foray into RTS games, and i still go back to it now

Tags: Add Tags