Hardware Edifier Prime USB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 9 Jul 2011.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

they look so damn cheap - it's like they took a £5 set, crammed in a usb hub and said "well now they're 10 times better"

3. nathandanielmorris

nathandanielmorris What's a Dremel?

Time well spent reviewing these then. Not.

4. blackworx

blackworx Cable Wrangler

That's crazy - I have their MP300 2.1 set (now rebranded "Aurora" I believe) and they are simply the best portable 'speakers I have used. Rarely leave home without them, and I've heard a lot of praise for their other products.

Going by this review, Edifier must have either made a bad misstep or stopped caring. I hope it's not the latter.

5. dannyjh69

dannyjh69 What's a Dremel?

I agree with nathan, no point wasting your time reviewing something thats a piece of crap. might aswel give us reviews that we want to read and buy.

6. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

Seriously, Edifier should stick to top quality products like S730D which I own. There is plenty of cheap rubbish on the market in every department. Don't sully such good brand with trying to please people without any requirements or taste. Leave that market for "no-name" brands.

7. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

It doesn't quite work that way guys as we don't know a product is bad until we have tested it, and at that point you may as well complete the work off by writing a review.

Otherwise you:

a) End up with a publication only full of positive reviews, which 1) looks suspiciously like a paid-for review site, something that bit-tech isn't, and 2) doesn't educate readers why some products are bad

b) Waste loads of time testing products you never write reviews of (in the case of these speakers we wrote a really quick review to waste as little time as possible).

8. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

ya, my $15 walmart speakers, that I paired with the walmart 5.1 $80 speakers to make a 7.1 system, should sound way better then these POS looking things.

Tags: Add Tags