Cdrw

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cjorli, 12 Mar 2003.

1. cjorli

cjorli What's a Dremel?

My HP CD-Writer 9300i died on me tonight (*sniffle*). So now I'll be in the market to replace it.

I have been looking at the Sony 52x drive as well as the Plextor 52x drive. But before I make a decision, let me know what you all think is the best drive out all those that are out there right now. I am limited to a smaller budget, but I could probably put in $60-$80.

I look forward to reading your suggestions.

2. Shadow6363

Shadow6363 What's a Dremel?

this should probably be in hardware, but i will still try to help u out. personally, i would recommend this burner nice burner its only $50 and is extremely fast, reliable and nice. one downside though is that supposedly u need to use the included nero software for it to work, but i dont really believe that.

3. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

nero is probably one of the better cd burning programs these days...

and moving to hardware ;)

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

i have a TDK 52x24x48 and it's wonderful, only paid $79 after a $20 mail in rebate too. it's pretty darn fast and depending on what i'm burning, i can burn faster thenwhat they say it will. i burnt a full 700 meg application cd a few weeks ago in 2:34

5. Gorguruga

Gorguruga What's a Dremel?

I bought a Liteon 48x12x48 last week. I recommend it. The burn speed is incredible and I had no coasters at all. The only negative is that it can be a little on the loud side. Overall, a safe bet.

6. cjorli

cjorli What's a Dremel?

Well, I decided to go with the Plextor W4824TA 48x24x48x. After reading several reviews on this burner as well as the Sony 52x, and the Lite-on 52x burn, I felt this was the best buy for the dollar spent. The price was $89 + $20 dollar rebate, so it fit comfortably into my budget.

Thanks for your input.