1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Editing posts once someone else has quoted it or even just replied needs banning for this very reason.

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Drive Angry 7/10
    no really, i'v seen a lot worse movies getting better critics than this one.
    Also the Bluray is really really sharp, nice.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

stonedsurd: Yes, it is.
    I just didn't expect him to do it like that, and didn't expect him to edit the post.

Priest
    7/10
    Some moments are rather memorable. Paul Bettany showing that he's not a bad actor. Ultimately inconsitent, even in the quality department. Some parts look GREAT, and some look "meh... really meh". I can't find anything SPECIFIC wrong, but nor can I find anything really right.

Unknown (2011 with Liam Neeson)
    6/10
    We've seen Taken, and know that Liam Neeson is a tough guy. Predicatable storyline that I can't talk about without giving it away completely.
    Typical thriller, though.

4. Droih

Droih Your too close if you can read this

Criminal Minds season 1 & 2

The best seasons out of the 4 i'v seen so far, if anyone else like to buy season boxes then CM is strongly suggested by me!

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

The first 30 mins maybe... :) Reminded me alot of Poltergeist nonetheless, still a good watch!

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Priest 7/10

Some parts are great - but the "They [insert random baddie here] killed/kidnapped my loved ones and now I must embark on a epic voyage of pure violence" plot has been beaten to death, though Paul Bettany and some of the more epic fight scenes make up for it.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I just watched Wild Target and ohhhhhhhhhhhh Emily Blunt ! <3 <3 <3

I'm definitely in love

Honestly guys.. if you check all my film reviews in this thread, all of the scores are related to how hot the main actress is :hehe:

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

St. Trinians

7/10

It had Mischa Barton, Girls Aloud, Gemma Aterton & a load of other hot girls dressed as slutty school girls; I rather enjoyed it. Colin Firth in drag was funny, Russel Brand wasn't too annoying, and Stephan Fry on drugs made me chuckle- made up for the rather thin/ lacking plot to some extent.

9. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Last Harry potter: 7/10

Was overall pretty well done, slightly odd pacing and sometimes misplaced comedy.

The cast were all Excellent (except Daniel Radcliffe, who still couldn't act his way out of a paper bag) Especially Alan Rickman and HBC.
    Special effects were great, 3D was surprisingly well used as well.

For me it was ruined by Massive plot holes, how much that's the fault of the book over the film I'm not sure, as I've not read the last 2, however the first couple where hardly free from plot holes.

Edit: If you have young kids, be warned, it's pretty damn dark, and also has a wierd voldemort foetus....thing....in it which is creepy as hell (looks like something from a Guillermo Del Toro film).

10. alf-

alf- Minimodder

hall pass 2/10
    a really bad comedy, thought it was going to be like old school, unfortunately it turned into a overly sentimental mess.

Easy A 9/10
    didn't expect to like it, but have to say its a pretty awesome movie

the orphanage 7/10
    a subtitled spanish horror movie, thought it more a thriller myself, but was still pretty decent if only for the ending.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Foo Fighters: Back and Forth.

9/10

I don't care for music videos, I never even really "followed" the Foo Fighters in any serious sense but I like their stuff, however, I started watching this with an idea just to nose at 10 minutes to see what it's like and now it's 1hr 40 minutes later. I just really enjoyed to see how they do what they do, and how they got through it all to still produce continually great music. Much respect to their no ******** "if it's **** I don't want to release it" response, even though they pissed away a million dollars at one point. I can't even imagine how much money they've made.

12. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I nearly bought this the other day, I think I may have too now.

13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

St. Trinians 2: The Legend of Frittons gold

6/10

A lesser sequel, but still had it's moments + more Sarah Hardy, so not terrible as such.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thing is, it's absolutely a 'watch once' sort of thing. It's one to rent, if that's even possible.

Unless you can pick it up for a couple of quid/bucks.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

For some reasons, dokumentaries aren't rented out.
    I'd like to see "The long way down" but once will be enough.

Just Go with It (6/10)
    not really bad, just seen it all before, and before...and before.
    Adam Sandler plays Adam Sandler, and some older actresses got to show off how much training can influence your figure...;)

Is Nicole Kidman doing an action movie soon? She's even got a sixpack....

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Blitz - 6/10

Just the thing I expected, not good, not infuriatingly bad, obvious as hell, but watchable. A bit less Statham than most of his films, but really, I just don't believe ever seeing him in a role that doesn't include beating the crap out of people.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Last Night
    4/10
    Keira Knightley in the film means that we see a lot of Pretty face and no more. Not that that would change the film at all. For that matter, the entirety of the film is like watching the run-up to a train crash in slow motion, and then the film cuts before the crash happens.
    crud, this.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Super 7/10

think Kick-ass crossed with Defendor by the guy who did Slither and you've got one really ****ing dark/twisted wannabe superhero film.

FTR i never want to be touched by jesus.

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Captain America - was fun, one of the better comic book flicks out there. The post-credits scene (yes, there is one) made me SQUEEEEEE in the theater, it was that good. For people familiar with the comics, 8/10 and for those not so familiar 7/10

Crazy, Stupid, Love - despite the grammatically insane title, I rather enjoyed this one. If nothing else, the possibly-gay metrosexual in me was stealing style tips all through.

7/10

20. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Deep Rising I JUST CAN'T/10

How to score this film, it's utterly awful and completely brilliant all at once! If classic style 'monster attacks' flicks are of any interest to you, watch this god awful cheesy mess and pray that one-day a sequel will be made!

Character development - no - but we have sea monsters!
    Storyline - not really - but did I mention the monsters digest people alive?
    Realism - well we try to explain...no - but there's some huge multi barrel guns!
    Top Acting - er well - we have harpoon guns! SOLD!

Interesting side-note, the makers of the Witcher 2 were clearly fans ;)

Last edited: 1 Aug 2011