Windows Deus Ex: Human Revolution review scores 94 and an Editor’s Choice award in PC Gamer

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by VeNoM JaCKaL, 29 Jul 2011.

1. VeNoM JaCKaL

VeNoM JaCKaL L4D2 nom nom time!

As the Title describes - PC Gamer has Awarded Deus Ex Human Revolution review scores 94 and an Editor’s Choice award. In there new issue there a 8 page review on the Game. What are your thoughts on such a high score for one of the most anticipated games in PC gaming History?

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

As usual it's pointless numbering. No game as complex as a AAA FPS-RPG can be 94% perfect. It will probably be a fantastic game and I wish they would stop numerical scoring.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Even if it scored 10, I'd still buy it, play it, buy a ticket to Canada and then fire bomb the offices :p

4. VeNoM JaCKaL

PC Gamer does tend to over exaggerate score when comparing with what I would award a game. But at the very least I think that the score signals that the game which I hold dear to my heart has re-established itself as a truly great game in the series - as to how great that is yet to be seen.

5. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

And then Official Playstation Magazine gives it 8/10: clicky.

A sign that the PC version trumps the console versions, or that the PCGamer review was overly positive.

Buy the game, you decide :p.

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I played that leaked demo and thought it was great.

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I love how many separate articles PC Gamer has had to run in order to secure the first review :D

8. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Loving that magazine cover

9. Ronaldo 9

Ronaldo 9 Minimodder

I played about 2 hours of the leaked version and that has convinced me to part with my money for it. IMO it's fantastic.

10. VeNoM JaCKaL

Totally agree - encapsulates the unique art style and ethos of the game

11. CalP

CalP What's a Dremel?

I don't doubt it'll be excellent, but the original will always hold a special place in my heart

12. Quattro D

Quattro D What's a Dremel?

I will pick this up later once it comes down in price, until then I await more reviews, especially on the pc side.

I loved the original but I'm on the fence on this one, still a bit disappointed from DX:IW

13. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

As the commenters on PCG's own site stress: PCG also scored Dragon Age 2 at 94%.

I'm going to wait a little longer for some more reviews. I think it's going to be a great game from what I've seen so far, but whether it's a great Deus Ex game and a worthy prequel remains to be seen.
    If it's better than IW we'll be on the right track, since I actually liked IW despite its massive flaws, needless simplifcations and console-concessions.

14. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I've been playing a bit of the leaked beta. Really impressed so far. Mechanics seem pretty solid, the stealthing works well, and the attention to detail is excellent (spent a long time just wandering around the city listening to people and looking at emails e.t.c)

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Having played the leak I can safely say it is actually a very good game with horrendous amounts of detail, content and good graphics/art direction. It also has a few things which are missing from a lot of other big games which have come out this year,

Atmosphere, and pacing. Instantly pre-ordered this and I will be buying it.

16. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Those were exactly my thoughts when I read the score. However, being a Deus Ex game, I don't think I'll be able to resist pre-ordering it (something like £27.99 on steam). When it comes to reviews though, I'd much rather trust bit-tech or RPS.

17. zulu9812

zulu9812 What's a Dremel?

Big-ticket game reviews are worthless these days. Dragon Age 2 - 94%. Civilization V - 95%. Etc. etc. Everybody knows that the magazines suck up to the big publishers so as to be given advance copies, which will be withheld in future if a magazine dares to give a negative review.

18. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

8/10, 9/10, 94%...who cares? I'm usually happy enough to buy a game without playing a demo if it's scoring over 70-75 on Metacritic. PCG is known for inflating scores, but it still means it's a good game.

Keeping the pre-order :)

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Speaking of overinflated scores I still can't get over PC Zone giving Total Annihilation: Kingdoms 94%

I can still remember the conclusion "Fantastic, in every sense of the word".

No.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

DONT ACCEPT PRE-LAUNCH SCORES. It begs a disturbing question about why they got to release they review early.

Only accept reviews post launch ;)

It's only another 21 days!