1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Remember - safety first!!

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 17 Aug 2011.

1. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Used to work in a cinema. There was a bandjaxed hot dog roller (heats up frankfurters. They're 86% meat. That was all the detail we had on their content.) The control panel had broken and fallen 3-6 inches into the roller. Stuck my hand in to get it out... no idea what voltage it was. I was still concious though. Ow.

Also... oil from popcorn makers. Bloody hot, still got scars on my hands.

2. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

I'm accident prone so I'm always covered in bruises/scratches/small burns from soldering irons and that.

Only thing I've done that was pretty bad was take a shock from the inside of a 60w Marshall valve amp. I'd turned the power switch off but hadn't pulled the IEC cable and proceeded to fiddle about inside it with my leatherman. Ended up with a big bang on the other side of my room. Luckily, no long lasting effects!

Can't imagine the pain from welding torches though.... ouch!

3. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

Back when working as a fabricator and welder (first ever job) I was making some stainless steel fridges (refrigerators for our American friends)

The way we made them was to fold a single sheet of steel to make the top back and bottom, then spotweld the sides in, so we're there spot welding the sides in on about 25 of these things, so thats 50 sides about 30 spot welds per side, when on the last few the guy I was working with dropped his end, stupidly instead of thinking "Just drop it it'll be fine" I went with it and tried to lower it slowly. It fell on the foot pedal for this spot welder as my wrist was between the two points. ZAP BURN POP went my wrist; burnt, blistered, popped and cauterised it's self instantly.

[​IMG]

Doesn't look too bad there but when I get a tan you can see a huge bright white patch that gets lighter / darker as it goes out.

4. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

lol. thats real stupid and he must have been starving to even try it