Cases Obsidian Series 800D - How to Prevent Dust???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blizzard29, 29 Oct 2011.

1. blizzard29

blizzard29 What's a Dremel?

Good Morning...

I currently own a Obsidian Series 800D case and have found since having it i have collected a bit of dust inside the case and a lot round the the fans...

I know the Obsidian Series 800D has a A dust-filter featured on the bottom of the case to prevent any dust been drawn from under the case..

But is there anything i can use to put over the fans that would still let air though but stop dust??

Cheers

:read:

2. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

http://www.demcifilter.com/

They'll make custom-sized filters. Works like a charm.

Also, I think I've seen a thread on [H] (I think) where some guy tested different fan intake/exhaust configurations on 800D, and the best result was achieved with top opening used as (filtered) intakewhile exhausting through the back. Positive pressure will also help keep the dust out.

3. rojo

rojo What's a Dremel?

You have a lot of negative pressure with the 800D, it will bring in dust from every crack and crevasse in your case. Just to make you aware of this.

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Mines the same, sucks considering the price of it ! Tempted to get rid for this reason.

5. rojo

rojo What's a Dremel?

If you are water cooling tho, it's one of the best cases out there. You could fit a bus in side it. :hehe:

6. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Honestly, I can't see reason to get 800D unless for watercooling. Otherwise it's just a waste of space, for purely air-cooled gear you can get much better performing cases (for half the price) that doesn't hog all the available room under your table.