Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Are either of you using IE?

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Nope, both using firefox.

I've got a potential fix, which is adding battlelog to the avast web shield exclusions, just got to wait for him to get back to try it.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I had the same problem, I disabled avast completely and then resend the invite. It should work then

Good luck

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've seen the thing about disabling AV, but don't really fancy that, awkward and hassle to have to do it each time.

Hopefully this exception will sort it.

6. The_Beast

It isn't that hard to do, hopefully an exception works cause then I'll do it :D

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah, probs alright on my machine, but I wonder how long my mates PC would remain his own if he turned his anti-virus off, he's not that 'up' on pc security, :D

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Both myself and a friend use Chrome and Microsoft Security Essentials, I sent an invite, he accepted, joined, Jobs a gooden. No issues encountered.

Sam

9. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Has anyone else managed to sweet spot a tank in the gap between the turret and the body? I'm not completely sure the vehicles were at 100% health but they looked good. I've one-shotted three of them from about 5 meters.

I also one-shotted a viper when it passed a couple of meters over my head. That one came as a surprise. I guess there's a weak spot on the bottom.

And yes, pistol draw speed is too slow for it to be useful.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Really starting to get annoyed now.

Everytime I try to shoot at an AA vehicle from a jet, the game crashes!!

Pretty much every crash I've had has happened when flying jets, and it always seems to be just as I start a run on an AA vehicle.

11. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I get a crash every game, regardless of what I'm doing. Now that's annoying.

12. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

The game's been quite stable for me recently. Only opening day was there much instability.

Probabaly jinxed it now

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just had fantastic and very close game on Grand Bazzar. :D

loving my silenced SKS :D SKS + silencer + forgrip + 4x scope is my new VSS so far.

14. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Agreed great game. I enjoyed being sneaky sneaky with my C4, certainly got you once or twice. :thumb:

On another note, I'm pissed off about the Javelin. I've been carrying it around for ages waiting for someone to use the SOFLAM; got bored waiting; set the SOFLAM up myself and switched classes. It works but... it turns out the Javelin's **** anyway and misses 90% of the time even with a designated target. :duh:

Definitely needs a boost, considering the amount of teamwork you need to get to that point.

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

+1 to that, although I have the IR scope at the moment.

I think I probably pissed some people off on Seine crossing just now, SKS hiding behind a car door, I got 32 kills total in the road, with 2 deaths, and a streak of 9.

Just kept taking them down as soon as they got defib'd, and I was right behind an enemy tank, :D

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol, indeed you got me a few times with that sneaky C4. Telltale

argh. i was looking forward to unlocking the Javalin myself.... :(

17. CanItRunSoldat?

CanItRunSoldat? What's a Dremel?

Interesting that with skill fluctuating as much as it does that it is used for matchmaking. I assume only to balance teams between rounds?

The T-ugs is much more balanced than the motion sensor for the simple reason that you can crouch run through it's area without being revealed. Nothing more stupid than not being able to get that annoyign snipers tags because he's seen you as soon as he throws the ball :duh:

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

^ I don't see what the problem was with the motion ball. You stop moving, you stop showing up. Oh well.

19. The_Beast

+1 for the soflam + javelin combo, it sucks balls. I played a couple rounds with some of my clan members. I'd mark they'd shoot, and not a single kill. The soflam is easy to spot since it uses a laser and the javelin takes so long to lock on, sometimes flares will make it not lock on and if you lose laser lock, the jav doesn't do anything but miss

It needs a buff and a big one

20. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Have you got multiple tabs of Battlelog open? ie, have your stats on one tab and server browser on another? It doesn't keep both chatboxes updated, only the one in which you most recently typed.

For co-op, perhaps disabling UPnP on your router would help - it seems to be a common problem, but other than that google is your friend.