1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fun with school network......

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_BaCoN, 24 Mar 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiwiCobra

KiwiCobra What's a Dremel?

Ya know, in doing all this you do realise you're ruining your own education right? And the education of others?

Whatever, its fun innit? :D :lol:

:rock:

2. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

that's not fair.. they wanted us to run our own separate network so we built us one.. worked perfecctly, untill the admins came along, asking us to shut down the DHCP. So what's next, trashing the proxy? :naughty:

3. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

Look, if you want to screw a computer up. just rename Explorer.exe in the windows folder to Explorer1.exe!

Explorer contains the start menu, desktop etc. without it automatically running, the computer is useless (only the wallpaper is shown). CTRL+ALT+DEL doesnt work either, its controlled by Explorer.

To do this on a network, make a program that renames it on the network PC's (the windows folder has to be accessible)

Make sure you can get into dos though (if its ME & Above you gotta make a startup disk). Otherwise it'll be irreversable.

4. ReFredzRate

but before you rename it, you stuff a new wallpaper in, containing the text: This system is ******!!! :p

5. Liquid K9

Actually, the best thing to do would be find/create a wallpaper that looks like windows installer. It'll get-em confused for SO long. (you'd have to enable autologon though)

6. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

[MAJOR RANT] Ok It's people like all of you that make my life a living nightmare!!! I am not a techie but teach IT and can spend half my lessons trying to get machines to work.

I know it can be amusing to spell stupid words on the keyboard, rename files, etc.. but think about the other students that cannot do there work because of the things YOU have done!.

Net Send will get you (or the person whose account you are using) into trouble.

I would rather teach people than have to report problems over and over again 'coz some stupid immature student wanted to "Have a Laugh!" [/MAJOR RANT]

I say Think before you act!

Meblin

7. Liquid K9

woah, I didnt say I supported it. but I think knowlege, if had, should be given freely. What someone does with that knowlege is to their discretion, not mine.

8. ReFredzRate

Meblin: you chose the job, not us :p

But hey, when i grew up (yes, I really did) I stopped doing things like that. Now I just screw up the hardware instead of the software ;)

9. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

I know it can be fun to mess machines up but you need to think about who will fix it?

We have Monkeys working for us as Techies as we pay peanuts! Therefore very little ever gets fixed quickly.

I find it very frustrating and embracing when my Part-time students (who PAY for course and not going for FREE like most 16+) cannot use the machines for their course. It has also meant that a lot of simple functions, like right click, have been disabled. This is causing me large amounts of grief because we need some of these actions for my students to achieve a pass.

I know I chose to go into this field but if I came to your house and messed up your pride and joy, or tried to hack your machine remotely, I don’t think you would be too impressed.

Meblin

10. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

Can someone tell me where in the registry the keyboard setting is stored? Ill be changing it to dvorak through a login script for a day :D

11. ReFredzRate

I have no clue... I was looking for it in the registry as well but than the pc broke... not a bit though... it's totally trashed, so here I am having another try on a different computer *annoying meblin* :clap:

12. Liquid K9

What version of windows?

13. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

Win98
    Not sure if its first or second edition

14. Liquid K9

I'll see what I can find...

I have XP installed, so I dont promise anything (even though, I have more experience with 98).

Last edited: 28 Mar 2003
  15. ReFredzRate

guys? stop it... it's not funny anymore :nono:

16. Liquid K9

The closest I have found thus far is:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard". You can only change response timing, delay, and the blinking cursor blink-speed. I'm not 100% positive this will be in win98, but it should be.

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout". This might be what you want, but I'm not completely sure.

17. ReFredzRate

set the response timing to 10 seconds... they'll be rebooting in no time, thinking they're out of memory or something... when that doesn't work they have to reinstall :clap:

18. Liquid K9

Heres a one you'll love...

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics"

change the size of windows. make it all small enough, and there will be nothing to see!

EDIT:
    you can wreak havoc with "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse". set the mouse sensitivity to 100 and the mouse will be all over the place. Or just swap the mouse buttons :D

19. Liquid K9

I'm almost hesitant to say this, but if you dont mind getting in SERIOUS trouble, you could open the PC's plug and connect all the wires (using another wire.. or paper clip). This will cause a HUGE overload. the transformer will blow, meaning unless theres a backup.. no power for anyone (no network either).

It'll blow as soon as its pluged in... it'll probably melt the plug too. Not advisable!!

:worried:

20. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Calm down mate, the topic is 'fun with school network...' not 'destroy the school network by blowing up all the PCs...'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.