CPU High CPU idol usage

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by jpearcey1000, 2 Dec 2011.

1. jpearcey1000

jpearcey1000 What's a Dremel?

okay the indexing worked for a few days but it still happening so i think i can say its not the indexing but it helped to stop happening as often, i went 3 days without the problem.

normally it happens after i have been using the computer for a while doing multiple tasks at once and if I leave it on for a while. it doesn't do it after gaming but quite often after a lot of file transfers etc.

any more ideas?

2. jpearcey1000

jpearcey1000 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

as you can see the highlighted process is the only process using a lot of memory but i'm not quite sure what i'm looking for

3. Ste#.

Ste#. What's a Dremel?

have you tried updating all your drivers ?
    the last time something similar happened to me it was caused by some drivers and was fixed after i updated all of them.

4. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

soz for late reply, your process list looks fine. as for the highlighted program no need to worry its just a system process. Some antivirus scanners only work on access and when transferring alot and doing multiple tasks they have to monitor a lot of things during the normal running time of a pc. Is pando setup to scan at all when idle? If you do alot of transfers, windows also scans and creates thumbnails and an index for these files but if you do alot of driveby stuff (not going into details) it will have an effect on your drive moving-scanning-indexing-deleting-system restore and so on, so if its alot the pc will have to deal with all this and can slow down the pc if you have been running other programs on it as they will still be in memory also.