Windows Weird Screech Sound Periodically From Speakers?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Tibby, 30 Jan 2012.

1. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Hey All,

Built a new PC in Oct/Nov last year, and it's all hunky dory, but I get a weird screeching sound sometimes out the speakers, and it is mostly triggered by the end of a round of BF3, although sometimes it has gone into overdrive and just started doing it every 10 seconds.

I am going to do the obvious and update drivers etc. But just wondered if any of you had a similar issue and know the answer?

Cheers!

2. moorsey

moorsey What's a Dremel?

is it deffo out of the speakers? Only I get some electrical whine from my GPU when playing games sometimes. My mobo did the same until I disabled some power stepping option also

3. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

is the sound kinda like someone keying off on an old CB radio?

4. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Wouldn't know about the CB radio, and it's definitely out of the speakers as it increases in volume when the speakers are turned up.

I'm guessing it is a driver issue or something, but figured best to throw it up here as Google doesn't do well with an ambiguous description of problem based on a 'Screech'. :lol:

I'll post up here once I find a fix, in case anyone else gets the same issue.

5. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I think I do have the same problem, mine makes a CB Radio sound, coun't figure out what it was and just suffer it now, but it's fairly intermittent

6. Jackg

Jackg What's a Dremel?

Does it ever happen outside of battlefield 3?
    Cause whenever battlelog finishes a battle report it seems to make that noise for me.

7. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Could it have something to to with the VOIP on battlelog?

8. Jackg

Jackg What's a Dremel?

Never used the VOIP on battlelog, but it still happens after almost every round.

9. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I have never used it either, just wondering if it has anything to do with it.

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Set Volume to 0, and mute Line-In, CD-In, Aux, Mic, and any other inputs. Recording and Playback.
    Also plug your speakers/headphones on the back of your computer, if they are not already.

Does this help?

11. Deders

Deders Modder

It's not feedback is it? are you using a microphone?

12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Hey guys, went straight out last night and haven't touched my PC so haven't had a chance to look at this.

It always happens in BF3, but then sometimes it will carry on outside of the game when I'm watching a video or something.

I do sometimes find that the BF3.exe process doesn't exit properly and this could be a cause.

I'll make sure all inputs are muted when I get a chance GoodBytes and see if that fixes it.