Windows Anno 2070

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 19 Nov 2011.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

... and then it will just your time :p

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

patch 1.03 has just been released

translated from German.

theres a new world event, lots of new decorative options and optional DLC (of which i dont think is available to buy at the time im writing this.)

Last edited: 13 Feb 2012
  3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

whilst I was building lastnight I thought I would decorate up the city I was working on at the time. Was going great until the power tripped :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Feb 2012
  5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Very nice there Gunsmith!

So the Buyable DLC part is working then? I checked on steam early last night (6pm ish) and it wasn't on yet.

Something I did test last night though is the trees are not just decorations - if you having a lumbermill that keeps on running out of trees, you can use those to quickly get it going again :D

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

DLC is up and online, bought mine via the game because mine isn't a steam version!

7. RaisingCain

RaisingCain What's a Dremel?

Are the new missions any good?

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

rebuilt all the work lost from last nights outage. only depressing thing is knowing that most of us will be dead by the time cities look like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Feb 2012
  9. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

My 24" came yesterday so I put my 7970 in my current shitty rig and fired Anno up.

I know Gunny has always said how, "****ing Awesome" this game looks but I haven't been able to appreciate it until now, it's Gorgeous.

10. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I'm running it on a GT440 on quite high settings, I found this game wasn't really hungry for power....I really need to get into it though...

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Full screen, Original quality, Volume up, feet up. :thumb:

12. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Yep, that's one of the vids I watched :)

Just out of curiosity, you mention encoding and rendering time for your vids.
    Would you mind sharing how you create the vids and encode them, or could you recommend a How To on the interwebs.

Now that I can record game footage I'm going to have a mess around and see what I can do.

Started a new island last night and played for a couple of hours. Much fun was had.

13. smithy40000

smithy40000 What's a Dremel?

So after a few goes at planning my city i finally ended up with something i liked. Right now its all level 1 (as the spam of green arrows will show).

The main chunk of my city.

[​IMG]

Top side of my island.

[​IMG]

My offshore production of tea.

[​IMG]

A nice little picture i found while i was playing.

[​IMG]

So far im almost on 6k population but i have no space on my main island for the techs. I'm thinking i will put them on another island. Also im not 100% sure on where to put all my production, should i move it off my main island or destroy some of my housing for production space?

Any constructive criticism is welcome :D

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I just started on the techs, only a small amount so far but might destroy some level one Tycoons for them. Three oil rigs on the go so I can supply enough plastics for level two Tycoons :lol:

Not sure as to population, but currently 1.4mill in money xD

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Its worth having some production on you're main island otherwise you have to wait on deliverys from ships- does reduce cost having production on the island.

Techs it is better to run on a seperate island as you will have more space to invest into a bigger population- faster research.

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Is there any way to borrow credits in the game?

I am playing the campaign and have got to the part where you have to build an Oil Refinery and then a weapons factory but I keep running out of money. I can't build anything, everyone gets unhappy because I put up taxes and moves out! I try and sell stuff with a trade route with my one ship, but it nowhere near meets the shortfall. It's not as if I have gone mad with buildings as I have only built what it has told me to build.

Played the same scenario about 5 times now always with the same result and it's getting a little frustrating!!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im assuming this is the mission where you first get researchers, my god if it is then try read the tool tips (why does everyone screw this mission up?!) build YOUR civilisations city first so it brings in money and then and ONLY then when you can afford it build researchers.

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It's the one after you build reserchers I think - the robot guy has got a virus and you have to try and switch him off (or something like that). I managed to get an oil well going and that's when I ran out of dosh.

I guess from your reply that credit isn't available then (probably a good thing I suppose if my real life finances are anything to go by!).

Looks like I will have to start the whole thing again then as it seems if you feck it up in an earlier campaign scenario, it stays fecked up!

As to why I built researchers? Well I only did that because it told me to - maybe I missed something. I thought it was strange that you got a tutorial on how to build multiple trade routes when you only had one boat (and a submarine thingy that you need to use for other things).

19. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Build more boats, set up your trade routes so that your citizens are 100% happy all the time with all there needs filled. Expand your basic city b4 going up the tech tree. If you havnt got 75% of your City centre influence areas covered with houses when you get techs your doing it wrong.

Trade trade trade trade and transport are the all important factors. Techs are insanely expensive to get going but after you do they make u a crap tonne of cash......But you must have a solid building blocks with you initial settlement.

A house need a solid foundation.....blah blah blah etc etc etc.

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The key with this mission is that the fish supply is rotten, you have to go through the events the mission sets and you need reaserches to reserach the cure for the rotten fish.

This fixes the economy as its negative for a while, i believe people expand too fast and get the muntion production set up etc.