Other Assassin's Creed III - Gameplay trailer up

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by alastor, 1 Mar 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I can't wait to run around America like Mel Gibson did and assassinate some Blue Coats (Im British) and don't care about being portaied as the bad guy. We did do bad things, and once ruled many lands, who cares not who i am. i just want to play a beautiful game with a good story!

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

In the first part the player had to kill Arabs, in the second part Italians. Both parts had a storyline that was above average and took itself serious. No one complained - well almost no one.

Now that the player has to kill some Englishmen (and maybe even some Americans) everyone is complaining. Is it because the player is killing Brits or because the events pictured in the game are not some of a distant past but events that still influence the lives of a great many of us?

Just imagine, you have to assassin someone whose death might cause the British to loose?

I think there's room for a great storyline as the assassin is not only English but Native American as well. Ratohnaké:ton might just try to prevent the invasion of his own country. Ubisoft will have had to take this issue seriously instead of just paying homage to the great American nation and one of his unknown heroes etc - but given the history of the Assassins Creed series I guess they will.

Also remember, in the last game, if there ever will be one, it will be all about killing Americans to free Desmond. Oh joy.

I will probably skip this part. All the killing never was a reason for me to play Assassins Creed, in fact it was tedious more than anything else. Ubisoft spent a lot of time reconstructing how the places in the past games might have looked like. In America there is no great cities to see and no rooftops to jump over.

3. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Screenshots and trailer look sweet. I'll be buying it in the sales for about £20.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

same, i play AssCreed for the assassinations, for the roof top escapes, not fighting faceless guards or (as trailer shows) taking out a guard petrol. it's also strange to have it set in America, around the time where they have hardly anything to call city. jumping across treetops doesn't sound as exciting as flying across rooftops.

Elton's Opium War idea is much better in terms of the very original Assassin's Creed formula, massive city, change of scenery and plot of civil unrest caused by evil organisation.

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

2/3 of the game will be in Boston and New York, so there's plenty of city based rooftop running and jumping to be done along with the frontiers trees and cliffs.

As for this all being very over American, don't forget AC is the baby of Ubisoft Montreal, which (although mostly French) still has the queen as head of state.

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

That's a fair point, I'm sorry for lumping you in with the complainers based on how I interpreted your post.
    There definitely is a risk that it'll be all too easy for the redcoats in AC3 to be faceless stormtrooper goons, but I think it's unlikely to be much different from Crusaders/Templars, etc. in the previous games; for good or ill. Though again, I can only speak from experience of the first two - Haven't gotten around to playing Brotherhood or Revelations yet.

Same here, and I rather like the visuals so far, even if they aren't cutting-edge. We'll have to wait and see, story-wise.

7. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

I for one hope its not a simple "the Brits are the bad guys, kill them all" type deal. Imo the Templars are supposed to be more about manipulating both sides of a conflict to serve their own interests, not waging an all-out war against (in this case) assassin aligned American freedom fighters. Tbh if the Templars were in control of the British Empire at it's height and didn't manage to bring their plans of world domination to fruition, they aren't as scary as we've been led to believe.

Pet hate: can we stop referring to nations existing over 200 years ago as we and you, it's absurd. [/whinge]

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

In earlier games we have seen George Washington with a piece of Eden and it tends to be the bad guys who have those so I think any predictions that it will be Brits = bad, US = good are wrong..

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Who knows what way or spin will be put on history. British could be good but
    look at the twist with Altair and assassin's uprising
    for some reason needed to be put down. Assassin's could even sit in the middle of the two playing each other off each other ultimately unconcerned about their actions but they have lasting impacts.

Personally, I'm trying to be positive but because of new character and location oppose change. Imagine if they fully got the flowing running and movements though trees. It could be damn spectacular looking.

A few have suggested Japan but ultimately Tenchu has done that to death. Hopefully we'll see victorian Britain after this. Smoky London would be a nice return to rooftop action :D Other than that, what other major period of history has there been that isn't a world war or moving into modern era? All I can think of is France. Guess America is where the history was during that period that doesn't move into eastern territory.

10. October

October Mariachi Style

Agreed, victorian London would be immense. I remember hearing rumours about that aaaaages ago. Hopefully they weren't totally baseless, but will be perhaps for number 4...

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

French revoloution would have been good.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Number 4 won't be for a long time, they'll release countless spin offs from this game, like Sisterhood and so forth..

Not that I'm complaining ^.^

13. alastor

alastor Minimodder

New video, along with some sort of community word spreading to unlock a gameplay trailer.

Last edited: 8 May 2012
  14. alastor

alastor Minimodder

15. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

That thumbnail reminds me of Empire: total war. I think i'll play some of that after work.

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yeah, i also thought Empire TW trailer was posted at first.

hum, just came to the forum from some photo editing, so could be just me. but anyone else find the video to be very bland in terms of colours?

i mean the whole game seems to be set in a cloudy day, with poor contrast. yet the (very grey) shadows have hard edges, so it means it's sunny, so vivid colours are expected...... ray trace can't get here fast enough.

owning a proper camera less than a month, already sounding like a photography snob.
    *sigh* i'll amuse myself.
    [​IMG]

17. alastor

alastor Minimodder

New cinematic trailer from E3:

edit - there was also a fairly sizeable chunk of gameplay shown at the Ubisoft conference:

Last edited: 5 Jun 2012
  18. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Assassin's Creed 3 Naval Warfare Gameplay