1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Mar 2012.

1. Phrontis

Phrontis What's a Dremel?

How good is it at folding

Just wondering how good it is at folding? I am looking to build a couple of big folding rigs with multiple GPU's over the summer, so am looking for whats the best for biggest number of PPD. Quite fancy building a twin Xeon on the Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with a couple of E5-2690's in it along with 4 graphics cards. It's to replace my old Supermicro X7 setup with a couple of X5482's which is I am retiring after a couple of years of faithful service.
    In fact what is the best way of getting PPD these days, should I be looking at Tesla or waiting for Knights Corner later in the year?

Cheers,

Phrontis

2. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Sounds like you need that 4Gig for multi-monitor setups. I will be interested in this as well.

3. andyb123

andyb123 What's a Dremel?

really not sure whether to go 4gb or not... am planning on going to 3 monitors at some point... or to just get a 2GB for now and a 685 4GB when they come out

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'd normally be quite enthusiastic about encouraging someone to try Surround as quickly as possible (it is a tremendous experience with games that work properly) but...

If you haven't got three monitors now, just go with the 4GB. "At some point" is quite vague, and buying a 4GB card with the idea of future proofing might turn out to be a mistake if you take your time and something better comes out (or you decide that Surround isn't for you...) :)

5. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

This Review is no good for me as I am really interested in how it,or others , work in FSX, and similar to Phrontis, want to know how it folds bring back James Gorbold !!

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It doesn't. There is no GPU client yet for GTX680.

7. Kainrpg

Kainrpg What's a Dremel?

the new 680 gtx is the PCIe 3.0. what is the performance difference of running it in 2.0.

are there any major differences. as i've read people saying that the 2.0 has not been maxed yet so 3.0 is useless.

what is the performance difference

Tags: Add Tags