1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice water cooling case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TobletDanillio, 21 Apr 2012.

1. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

Is there a better case for water cooling than the Xigmatek ELYSIUM for the same money or less?

2. Redspeed93

Redspeed93 What's a Dremel?

There are better cases but they cost at least twice as much. There are no other cases that even comes close to the elysium when you consider the value for money. So the answer is a resounding no.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

depends on what rads you intend to go with
    an antec 1200 is similar money and can easily mount a dual rad ( a triple if your brave enough with a dremel )
    failing that the Cosmos S is good value and comes £10 cheeper
    the elysium is a FANTASTIC case for the money
    if i had the money to go watercooling ( and if i wasnt so in love with my raven 02 ) then id pick up the Elysium in a heartbeat

4. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

corsair 850D maybe silver-stone tj07.... their both good......

5. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

A CM 690II will take two 240 rads and only comes in at £70 or so. But if you want a 360, you are only looking at the Elysium.

6. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

You won't get anything better for the money than the elysium, masses of radiator support, and anything that has similar to it in terms of rad support costs twice as much as redspeed said :)

7. dirky90

dirky90 Minimodder

cosmos s? haf??

8. thetrashcanman

Elysium has better rad support than both of those and cost less than both :)

9. dirky90

dirky90 Minimodder

you can get the cosmos s for £100 which is less than the elysium, true the elysium does have better support for watercooling. i think it looks awful, a shocking looking case, but aesthetics are personal.

10. thetrashcanman

Sorry I thought you where referring to the cosmos II, but yeah still the elysium has better rad support, and I agree not the most attractive looking case, but I have seen worse.

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Id say you'd be very hard pushed to find something better for the price... pity it's so ugly, but that's a personal matter... if you like it, get the Xigmatek ELYSIUM because it's probably the best in that price range.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

After having a Esylium I don't think there are many cases out there that are as good, for the same price or roughly the same price.

In the Esylium you can fit.

360mmx60m rad in the roof, with push/pull fans but 1 set has to be outside the case which is easy to do.

360mmx60m in the front of the case if you remove the hdd cages, and add some mount's for it.

If you get creative with a dremel you could then also potentially fit another 360mmx35m or a 240mmx60m in the bottom.

The Coolermaster Cosmos S is good but doesn't have as many options.

13. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

yeah I have heard that I think in the first review I read :)

Thanks guys for your help knowing that I'm picking the best case for my money makes me want it even more now. come on friday :)

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

To give you a idea of just how good the case is, that I actually regret it everytime I start benching my rig and seeing the temp's on my cpu after, swapping from the Esylium to the Cosmos 2 Ultra.

As it's Payday this week I may just be messing around with my rig this weekend including messing with the case.

You can't really go wrong with the Esylium for the price.