Food & Drink Your favorite beers/spirits/ciders etc

Discussion in 'General' started by Behemoth, 16 May 2012.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

really good beer is henry weinhards private reserve..

[​IMG]

2. unicorn13ocp

unicorn13ocp Staying sane inside Insanity

Mmmm a booze thread:-

A Few of my faves

Wine: RED - Temporinello

Cider: Cidre at the minute

Beer: Worthington, Murphys or Caffrey's

Lager: Corona, Peroni and Asahi

Spirits: Glenmorangie Original, Lasanta and Quinta Ruban(Still a few to try), Auchentoshan, a friends home brewed schnapps from germany (liquid rocket fuel almost).

Spirits Other: Sake just found this one - Gekkeikan Nouvelle Tokubetsu Honjozo Sake :eyebrow:

Oddest drink from when I was younger was, Half a pint of Tenneant extra with a bottle of barley wine and a shot of blue bols in a pint glass.

Cheers, of for a Corona :D

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Looks like my liver is on for another hiding on Friday when I go out with Donna, hmm going to avoid the beer for obvious reasons, so might be Vodkas that night then. Or Morgan Spiced perhaps ?

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ah Corona, beer for those who don't like beer.

Myself? Ale. Abbot's my usual, but I'll drink anything going from as deep as a ruby to as light as honey and heather ales. I enjoy Bitter and Twisted, Spitfire, Sierra Nevada's not bad, Deuchers, most of the Brewdog beers are fairly palatable, and a massive load of others that I can't even think of right now. Ale's generally all drinkable, and some of it very good.

Not into the black stuff, never got the taste. I'll also drink lager, but I drink it because it's cheap, I want something light, or because it's hot.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

[​IMG]

Yum!

6. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

I'm also a real ale man.

http://www.cairngormbrewery.com/

The best brewery in the world. Black Gold is a stand-out if you are a Guinness drinker like myself or just generally like the darker stuff. For those who prefer to stay on the light side of the force, Trade Winds is one of the crispest and most fragrant golden ales you'll ever taste.

On the whisky side of things I'm a massive fan of Balvenie Doublewood 12, Bunnahabhain 12, and I like a spicy Laphroaig every now and again.

Other than that I'm partial to a nice bottle of Chianti or Pinot Noir which I drink as often as possible, usually with the excuse that I'm just having it "with the meal". On the cheaper and decidedly less sophisticated side, I like a good old Gin and Tonic (or "Mother's Ruin" as it is sometimes known).

I dislike Rose wine, despise cider and have nothing but contempt for vodka, but my personal Kryptonite is definitely Tequila. I periodically get talked into drinking it again every few years and it always ends up being a mistake of biblical proportions. If I'm lucky. I'm going to stop typing now because I'm having a traumatic flashback that is threatening to make me gag.

7. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

This stuff is great, especially the vanilla variety.

8. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Drinking Oerbier right now. My next door neighbour rates it at 8/10 but since he recently was operated on for throat cancer, I can understand the low rating.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Recently discovered this stuff.. another Amber, but a chuffin' lovely one at that. In fact, I'm yet to find an amber I don't like.

10. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I love a pint of Abbott, but thats made me very very ill the following morning ! lol