Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. feathers

feathers Minimodder

The only game or sim I would use a wheel with is Train simulator.

2. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Fair enough. Just a suggestion really. I never had a sniper problem on the CPC server to be honest, I just think it MIGHT be a problem if a whole team goes sniper. On the other hand this is only a major problem on rush, so I'll just let the majority speak.

wiLLSY's suggestions are nice, so +1 to them from me.

3. sWW

sWW Minimodder

Yeah the auto balance should be squad based because its not fun when you are playing with a group of friends and one of them gets yanked out of the squad and put on the other team!

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Because of situations like this http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=226074&page=16 Auto Balance by Squad is not going to be implemented. Sorry guys!

5. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hey mate, I honestly think auto-balance by squad would be a good idea - any reason insane balancer can't do this? There might be a setting within the plugin. I think auto-balance by squad is also inherently fairer, because, say if an MVP does get swapped to the losing team, at least they've got their squad with them to fight back and make a stand! Happened with myself, Ezzrah and eek0r on a Rush game and we got switched halfway through when two mcoms were down to the defenders team and we managed to pull out the win with squad-work despite the odds. :thumb:

6. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Should hopefully be on the CPC or Ziip server tonight. Now just to wait until pay-day to pick up premium

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Why does all the fun happens when i am not recording... Took down two Little Birds with SMAW :D and one jet with a tank today.

8. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Quick question guys, how likely am I to get my account banned if I use the proxy method to buy premium?

9. sWW

sWW Minimodder

There is a difference between team stacking and squad stacking. Its unlikely/shouldn't be the case that 4 players can win a match for their team alone.

10. wiLLSY

wiLLSY Are you a wizard?

Sorry Dom but could you tell me explicitly why you can't have squad based balance, from what I can see the thread you linked is just people whining about destroying other teams, which can happen in any situation - squad based balance doesn't cause this.

The main reason for squad based balance is because it encourages those who play as a team to join and stay on the server otherwise, if there is random balancing, you get situations like draca explained which are really annoying and discourage people from playing on the server. Yes I realize playing against each other can be fun, but I want to be able to have the choice and not leaving to the server balance lottery. BF3 is a game specifically for teamplay, which mostly happen within squads, so why are you discouraging it by splitting all the squads up?

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The Auto Balancer has been set to balance teams based on SPM. I will speak to Votick and possibly try it out keeping squads together. Though it may not work out to any ones advantage.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Will the server be incorporating the new Close Quarters maps at all? I would think a few members have the DLC or Premium pack because of the earlier mentioned PROXY thing :lol:

Could be a damn good laugh :D

13. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

I'd like to say not likely at all, but the truth is until sufficient time has passed or accounts start getting banned, there's no way to be sure. There's nothing in the license agreement of the EA store as far as I can tell, nothing explicit anyway, but if they want to ban accounts or anything like that they will and there wont be much anyone will be able to do about it.

Bottom line, if you wanna do it, it's on you and there's no point complaining to anyone if the **** hits the fan in the near future.

14. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Good to see the CPC server filling up..................finally.

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

^ Quite so.

Something may happen, something may not - hard to tell. I doubt bans would fly about, not sure there's anyway EA could justify that.

However if that example case I linked to on reddit is a) true and b) the start of things to come then the most I could see them doing is see that you bought it in a different currency, refund you that amount and deactivate premium and your related stats.

In their T&Cs they're no doubt indirectly covered in many ways that can enable them to refund monies and deactivate products.

Hard to tell really.

16. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Dom mentioned last night about having CQC maps and modes on Tuesday night for a bit see how it all goes etc.

17. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

Finally got the game running thanks to the latest update, having some fun on the CPC server now :D

18. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Yeah had some fantastic games today - really really close conquest battle on Op Metro with the ticket difference being within 8 for the last 80 tickets! Nail biting indeed... :rock:

19. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

I thought we were going to lose that one til right at the very end when I saw the tickets left, great game!

20. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?