1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Got my barb as far as Hell Act 1, but can't get any further. blue mobs kill me faster than you can scream like a little girl! :p

I think am pretty much done with D3 for now. Between having to fight tooth-and-nail though each and every inch of each area, only to die 8+ times at every rare mob and having alot of my friends f**king nerdraging about this nerf or that hax, I've had it! :wallbash: :sigh:

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

What's your barb build draks? I had some issues there until switching a few things around.

3. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Stopped playing as well, got as far as Act 3 Inferno on my barb. Act 2 was a breeze after they nerfed it in last week's patch, but I'm cockblocked again on Act 3. Plus it was kinda stupid I had to buy a 2hander to kill Belial before enrage timer hit.

Probably need some gear upgrades again but I'm starting to hate playing a defensive barb and really miss the dual-wielding fun I used to have. I tried that WW and tornado spec someone youtube linked last page but it didn't work out terribly well for me.

4. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Need lots of crit chance and crit damage. The guy in the vid has about 40% crit change and 400% crit damage.

5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

My Build

The stats on my items are fairly spread out, but I do lean towards strength for Damage. Helm socket is 12% life, other armor and weapon are all Str/Damage. Weapon is Sword/Shield.

I've read that all sockets should be life, but then it takes all my dam out so I take forever to kill anything, and then I still die when Vampiric/Molten/Chains finds me. :sigh:

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

One thing that I've found works nicely for packs is ground stomp w/ Wrenching smash and Earthquake with either giants stride or aftershocks. Pulls them all in to a massive AoE damage.

This was the build that got me through that sort of area but I'm led to believe that my builds are always weird so it might not work for you but it's worth a try. The rend heal doesn't seem like much but when there's many mobs you're getting that heal from every one. The frenzy with smite seems to be pretty useful for elites/rares too. If you get a weapon or two with chance to stun/freeze on as well you kill them before they really have a chance to do anything to you.

Sadly there are some enchantment combo's which just nail melee classes. I had an elite with horde+reflect damage+electrified last night, that sucked :(

I'll also keep an eye out for anything which drops that could be useful :) Always happy to pass stuff on to folks rather than flogging it for next to nothing.

7. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Thanks Throbbi, I will give it a try. Though I'm not too sure about frenzy - I mean, yes attack speed, but if ur quake is on cd, then you have to sit there and work down every single mob individually while the other 15 are wailing on you. Just always thought that to survive you got to kill mobs quickly - "dead mobs can't deal damage" kind of thing.

8. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Frenzy and Sidearm is da best!

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That is still true but they way I play with that is when there's a big anough group for that to be a worry you have multiple rends damaging them and healing you and overpower/revenge for heals and damage too. )edit: wow. That possibly the most horrible sentence I've ever written)

That's one thing that really does impres me with D3. Seemingly very few different builds to use but people can make so many different ones work.

10. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

With Frenzy/Earthquake/IgnorePain/Revenge/WotB it is near impossible to die, or should be. If your gear's really weak you could for example for lvl 50ish and upwards find an "ok" lvl 60 weapon with reduce level requierment by the amount you need (think max is -13) and just let that item carry you to 60 instead of upgrading everything else.

My DH which is the last thing i have to level is on about 30k+ dmg at lvl 51, hoho (61k with ss but who cares about that when it averages out on about 3-9+ crit depending on the fight.)

If anyone still needs diablo inferno I can probs do that for most people as my monk just does not die anymore. Only time it may die is in coop when someone is frantically running around in melee range trying to dmg mobs, pulling them off me and getting 2shot.

Add me if ya like, its np to do any of the bosses awok3N#2887
    (If the time aint right we'll set a date & time)

11. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

All my gear (except for a ring (36) and amulet (39) is atleast upper 40s (47 to lowest), my blade, chest, helm, and belt are all lvl 51 rares

Doesn't D3 have an online "Armory" like wow has? I know you can do that with people in your friends list.

hmmm, think that may be a/the problem with me. I've no idea off the top of my head how much damage my barb does, but I'm pretty sure to no where near that. :blush:

Think maybe it's time to just scrap all my equipment and start from scratch, rather than just replace stuff the whole time. :dremel:

12. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Havent played in over a week, still yet to break the 30 hour mark, not as enjoyable for me as I imagined it would be.

I'm going to give it another go following their latest patches, see if is better or not, all the nerfs really pissed me off though

13. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

what is your build/gear if you dont mind me asking? got my monk to lvl 58 but stopped playing as i was not really in a position where i could tank properly or dps properly :(

14. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

So been playing on and off. Just completed hell with my DH last night. Solo DH is ridiculous, there is a reason u dont see any deep inferno harcore runs with DH's.

But had a quick look over my gear as my amulet and rings havnt been changed out for a while and realised my 2 rings are lvl 23 and 27...amulet lvl36.......And i havnt found anything better to replace them in 2 n a bit playthrus. Now that im in inferno.....im thnking progress might only happen when these slots get an upgrade :p

Anyone else struggle to find decent rings and amulets?

If none drop during my act 1 inferno run I think my first purchases from the AH will be required.

15. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

The variations of gear and skills I use for different acts and for all the classes would be quite the post. If you were to just add me and inspect, that'd save me some time :p awok3N#2887 & everts3N#2908

16. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Just hit lvl 60 on my hc barb :) now its inferno time :S

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Bigger balls than me mate lol I simply can't take the pressure these days.

18. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

While playing with new character, I always see how far I could have gotten if said character was HC. My record thus far is the second Sin Heart (blue mob) with a Wiz. Once I can confortably get to Act 4 I'll play an actual HC toon.

EDIT: Soooo... tried the builds above, along with some changes to gems/equipment/etc.

Died 7 times (i counted) against 3 disentombed hulks (blue) Arcane/frozen/avenger (?? on the last one) - average fight time: 5 seconds :waah:

Either I'm being a complete idiot, or barb is just not for me. I can drop Diablo on nightmare without braking a sweat, so maybe not COMPLETE idiot :p

meh - gonna try a monk/witch doctor now

Last edited: 29 Jun 2012
  19. el2k

el2k Modder

Managed to go a fun tank build on my DH last week.

Tanked all 4 acts in inferno easily.
    Had 55K HP, 800 All Resists, 28% Block, 25% Dodge and 1300 Life on Hit.

But now that i've done that.. messed around for a bit, there not much for me to do until pvp comes out so I'm putting the game down for a while.

20. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Now done hc inferno act 1 on my barb :) was shaking on butcher as i only just killed him before the soft enrage of every tile being on fire :S gonna farm a bit before I even think about act 2 though...