Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Understand ... now if i could cheaply mold some ogre torsos i could build loads bulls as i have a whole box of arms and legs.....

2. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Quite looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. Just sold the chaos side to a guy over on warseer for £30 quid. Not bad get quite a lot of dark angels to go with my small army for a few £35 along with a rulebook and templates.

Also managed to get a good sized warriors of chaos army of a guy for a similarily sized old empire army. So many bloody models to paint

3. philheckler

[​IMG]

This arrived today. :)

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I don't actually like the Interrogator Chaplain that much (Termie Chaplain is still the best ever made), so I'll pass on the limited edition and probably get the starter kit later on.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Painted up the librarian from the box (But that's in the Deathwatch box, so I cba to take a picture), and started work on the stores Chaos Lord (The one painted at head office is shat.. As are the chosen and Hellbrute, so they're being re done)

Still got a fair way to go, but hey, it's nice to paint something different.

[​IMG]

Tbh, NaloaC, if you get the limited edition (Same money) you can flog the chaplain on fleabay.

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Accidentally wandered in to the GW Kingston store yesterday ("just to pick up a copy of White Dwarf").

Walked out with more Dark Angels & paints.

Looks like I've got 3 armies to paint now.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Drilling autogun and auto pistol barrels is a touch fiddly. using a 0.75mm bit which seems to look OK. Definitely makes the bolters look a bit more mean when they are drilled out to 1.5mm

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

What are peoples thoughts on getting the box set is it worth the money?

Im considering it as the small rule book is nice to have, kinda wish i waited for this set and did not get the hardback, would have covered most of the cost for the starter set.
    Will likely trade the chaos for more marines which with my existing lot of un-built marines will give me a pretty large army- just be lacking vehicles/drop pods etc.

Just £65 on a third army- ive got bits for chaos/nids but nothing to a army size, i keep wanting to finish what i have before adding more to the backlog.

9. liratheal

IMO, yes, it's worth the money. Loads of beautiful models on both sides, easily worth the 65 bones.

Did some more on the Chaos Lord. Decided not the be a lazy ghet and stripped the cloak, and did it properly with an airbrush:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. philheckler

Those chaos models just drip with detail , gw plastic castings are making finecast look a bit redundant... :eyebrow: cant wait to get the hellbrute i ordered off ebay. I'm going to start assembling the giant tonight , so many cool add on bits with this model , there's a cage with a screaming man in , this might end up next to the butchers pit on my aop board.

Today i bought a couple of red sable brushes for rosemary and co - im going to start looking after my brushes a bit better form now on - also ordered some masters brush cleaner / conditioner form amazon.

Btw - nice paint job on that chaos model lira..

Last edited: 3 Sep 2012
  11. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Thought I'd post the Ultras I finished earlier this year, couldn't been arsed to photo them until today. The on/off sunshine played tricks on my white balance, and I couldn't nail it completely right in every pic. I know I should grab a proper lightbox but I'm a tight git sometimes :lol:

Let's start of with the Tactical Squads. Top ones are the AoBR monoposers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And their Rhinos, respectively
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some Sternguard, made of FailCast, unfortunately.
    [​IMG]
    Razorback to drive them around
    [​IMG]

AoBR Dreadnought
    [​IMG]

Next up, Assault Terminators and Terminator Librarian
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And their taxi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, here's a Lascannon Devastator with airbrushed OSL coils on the gun. I've got full squad with mixed weapons on the works.
    [​IMG]

I'll be adding more minis to the army later this year, I've got couple of dredds and speeders on my project box, as well as more characters.

I did bought the new Dark Vengeance Dark Angels off some guy from finnish hobby forum, so those are propably going to provide some distraction, though.

12. bob_lewis

bob_lewis Lurker extraordinaire

SlowMotionSuicide - That's just ridiculously awesome! Fantastic painting! :)

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Aivan mahtava maalauksia tossa! :thumb:

The Thunder Hammers are especially nice :)

14. liratheal

Lovely painting, especially fond of the thunderhammers and lascannon coils.

My quibble? the lascannons are at the back of the Land Raider! >.>

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I always thought the weapons were at the rear on standard Land Raiders and at the forward positions on the Crusader and Redeemer variants.

loving the OSL on the tank lights, a nice little touch

16. liratheal

That's what the instructions say - But it's simply wrong. Why would you have troops get out in front of the guns?

17. philheckler

some very nice work in the pics above.

just the right level of of distressing on the armour...

[​IMG]

started work on the giant .. an aibrush would have been perfect for the flesh on this model.. hand painting the flesh to a decent standard is going tto be a tricky job of multiple thin layers

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

bah, thought my DV box would have arrived yesterday at the latest. Logged into Wayland and my order is showing as waiting for stock (they've still taken payment though). Hopefully I'll still get the ltd edition chaplin when they get stock back in or I'll be a bit miffed - I could've picked a box up from the GW store in Cardiff on the weekend (although it would have been a pain trying to carry it on the bus).

19. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Ultramarines look fantastic, very well done.

20. philheckler

Are you from the Cardiff area or just visiting... ?