Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I found the best way to get to shoot something down - is to be able to ram them first :D

Edit - was watching LvlCap's Gunship patch video, too tiered to concentrate on that, but something occurred to me. If BF is so brilliant and realistic then why don't tanks in RL just move out of the way of shots like in the video?

Edit - Because I'm such a nerd I had to look up MBT armaments, 120mm rather than the weedy 105's. LvlCap should have been seeing flight times for the standard sabot AP of like 0.2 seconds rather than the laughable 3.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2012
  2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Can't login to Origin again.

Can get onto Battlelog fine, but when I try and log in on Origin, it tells me email or password is incorrect.

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Just logged in and all is well.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I had this problem like 4 times in a row yesterday. I personally think people are trying to hack accounts. I changed mine to something more complicated and hasnt happened since a few days ago, fingers crossed.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Must be something up with EA's severs again, as when I do a password reset, I enter my new password, click confirm, and it just goes to a blank white page.

I can't see that my account has been hacked, mainly as I can still log into Battlelog, so I reckon something must be up with Origin, just like it was last time this happened to me.

I hope.

*edit*

The saved password for Battlelog in firefox is giving me something different to my origin password. Is Battlelog PW and origin PW not the same thing then??

*edit 2*

Ok, I think it's disaster averted. I must have changed my password, and it updated in firefox, but I didn't change it in my passwords file, so when I entered the PW from battlelog, it all worked. Weird how the password resets didn't do anything though.

Stupid bloody origin, :D (or maybe stupid me, I prefer to blame EA, :D, mainly because origin will just randomly forget my password and cause me to have moments like this, :D ).

Last edited: 21 Sep 2012
    CrazyJoe likes this.
  6. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I had the same problem yesturday Cerebus, completely disappeared this morning though! odd :(

To all regular jet pilots: what control sets do you use? Would like to be able to attempt to dogfight but with the default controls I really struggle!

7. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Is anyone else having their server filters reset from time to time. It's starting to annoy me...

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Yeah, but I've got like 20 servers in my list of favourites so I seldom look for new ones.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Xbox 360 wired controller! Well good! :thumb:

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I fly with the keyboard and mouse, :D

I'm no ace, but I'd consider myself to be pretty good, I don't fly that much though, as I prefer to be on the ground.

I also fly helis with mouse, which I think I'm rather good at too, :D, never really flew helis with anything but mouse, even in BF2, when I used a joystick for planes (and flew through the tunnel at Kubra Dam, :D ) I still used the mouse for helis.

11. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Next time I'm on mumble give me a shout and I'd probably be up for joining you and giving you some jet tips.

Most importantly though, set space to pitch up. In dogfights you need to be able to turn constantly and completely smoothly so by holding down space you turn as well as you possibly can.

Also the optimum turning speed for the tightest loops is 310-315 so practice getting that at first. Top tip: once you're in the air thrust does nothing: you only use afterburner and brake for speed control.

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Been loving the Scar-L with a heavy barrel and RDS, great a middle distance.

Also unlocked the SAIGA and been raping some serious face with it .

13. Firejack

Firejack What's a Dremel?

Hey all!
    Blatant bit of server promotion incoming ;)

I'm one of the Admins who helps with the Scan.co.uk PC BF3 servers. They are full most evenings/weekends. With Armored Kills launch we're hoping to get them filled for longer periods. That requires a larger core group of regular players i.e all of you!

See my post in this thread for the details: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=3175195#post3175195

Cheers.

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ammount of people playing armoured kill seems to have gone down a hell of a lot tbh.

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

G3A3 is also great fun. More recoil, but great fun. Make sure you got squad cover on though, as soon as you get suppressed it's useless.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Last night I dropped AK from the community server on its own. Now mixed Normal and AK Conquest maps and server size is set to 48 hoping we can at least get that about of players on.

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I don't know, BF3...I don't feel anything. It's just gone. After about 300 Hours the game lost its magic. I mean I got pretty good, but it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I troll hunt Col 100 on Op Metro. Shooting ammo crates on both teams and health also.

Its also fun out sniping them xD

19. Valor958

Valor958 What's a Dremel?

I'm getting to that point of boredom as well... I've my skill and interest in the game slide over loss of faith in the game. Boosters everywhere, glitching still rampant in one form or another.. i can't really pin it to just one thing, but even with $ spent for Premium it's just not there anymore.
    I'm actually seriously considering plugging myself back into the Matrix... err... WoW. :blah:

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I think it's because after playing for so long, I just got tired of the game. The fact that all my gripes never really were addressed and the fact that DICE can't grasp progressive patching. I don't know, after so long, I guess it's just that the game kept changing, some for the better and some for the worse.

I guess it's just the ridiculously weird balancing that still hasn't been addressed over the course of a year. Lack of mods kinda suck too. OH well, it'll come back soon. But this game has proven to be mightily frustrating in comparison to some other games I've played.