Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Anything good for Monk?:D

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Tempting as that is, don't think I could take anything as I'm on the American servers. I was in the process of gearing a mage and a DH too.

3. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

I have things, just not good :(

4. mansueto

I found another legendary yesterday, sadly it only sells for 250k BUT it will be a nice starting point for my DH when he hits 60. Really starting to enjoy my wizard more than my warrior so not sure if I should start investing in the wiz instead. I mostly farm in public a3 inferno games as I feel my gear isn't good enough to solo (I can kill everything perfectly fine, but I have no survive so 1-2 hits and I die). Just not sure on what would be the most suitable build.

Here's my profile

On an unrelated note, I spent 100k on a 650 dps 1 hander with -12 level requirements for leveling and my god does it make soloing a joke. It might be extremely cheap but I just dropped another 100k on bonus experience gear and leveling is going very quickly. Think its a useful tip for people who just want to get to 60 quickly.

5. Comfyasabadger

One of the most popluar Wiz builds atm is the Critical Mass build currently used by my Wiz:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Comfy-2504/hero/3432397

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I just got to level 25 with my Monk. I'm at the point where on A2 I'm going to this little boy-Caesar or sth. I have that feeling that he is a Belial:)
    If so, I'm totally disappointed how quickly I finished Act 2.
    I remember I played weeks before I finished Act 2 in Diablo 2. This one is sooo short...

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

It ain't over yet.. :p

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Oh, good, thanks:) last moment I finished playing last night was the task to to take people out of town or sth like that and saw that I have time ticking to do that task. Belial was attacking or sth cause green bombs were all over the place:)
    So hopefully I'll have more time to explore this Act.

9. mansueto

Like diablo 2, I feel act 2 in diablo 3 is the longest act, and the one I hate the most.

I decided to drop most of my gold on my DH as I think he offers more for farming than my current wizard build. I don't think I have the gear or damage to be successful with the critical mass, and switching to a 2hander on my barb was nice but he lacks the sustain that his sword and shield had. Time to go shoot arrows at people!

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

It WAS the end! :waah:
    I went there and that little f***er changed to Belial. I killed him in 15 seconds, piece a cake.
    However I didn't jump to Act3 yet. I want to find this Leoric's Signet. I read it can be found in Act 2 of normal level. Anyone knows where I could find it?

Last edited: 6 Nov 2012
  11. mansueto

Achievements only give you visual upgrades / unlocks for your banner. IMO it's not worth wasting time trying to explore everything for the books and such, it just seems like a waste of time.

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Yes, but I want to get that ring - do you know where it could be found?
    I know it is probably generated randomly....:wallbash:

13. Comfyasabadger

Not worth the time. Your better of leveling to 60 and then farming for alts.

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Yeah, I skipped that and went to Act 3. Again, looks like a short act - I did those tasks like setting fires and fix catapults and now I went to armory, I think going after Azmodan.
    What happens in Act 4? Do I only fight with Diablo or is there anything to do too?

15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Don't ask us to spoil your fun!! I got bored soon after getting into Nightmare, but the level designs and story kept it alive til then.

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Well, so started today playing.. quickly got to Act 3.. then finished it... Then played Act 4... then killed Diablo in few minutes:) Finished Normal mode at level 32 of my Monk.
    Started Nightmare - its soo funny to walk around and kill those simple monsters with so high levelled character:) But I need to hit them like 10 times before they die!
    I see already that a lot more interesting stuff started to pop out on this level. More stones, more gold... cool, let's fun starts again! :D

In summary, I died 2 times in Normal mode. First time right after I started the game on first fields, cause I forgot to look at "life bowl":) Second time was just before fight with Diablo at the end of Act 4, there was a horde of monsters where one of them was elite called "key keeper" or "gate keeper" or sth like that - I love my Monk, but I have this habit from playing Paladin in Diablo 2 to get into the center of fight and kill them from inside:) So Monk isn't good for large number of monsters and got killed by banch of 8-10 baddies;)

EDIT: So, last night played a bit more on Act 1 of Nightmare. It's funny how those monsters are strong - I need to hit and hit and hit and then hit a bit more to kill simple zombie/walker.
    And those Elite monsters - like this big cow/bull/buffalo thingy that runs over you - when it's Elite, after I hit it, it splits/multiply to 5 thingies! It's cool, but they almost kill me every time!
    What is gonna happen on next levels?! On hell.. on INFERNO?!! Scary...

Last edited: 9 Nov 2012
  17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Now I'm at level 46 and passed half of Act 3 on Nightmare. Things getting a bit harder, but same as previous difficulty level, at the end of each act I can kill all monsters with one-two hits. Then at the start of new act it gets harder again:) I just killed this butcher in the dungeons and he was resisting pretty long before dropped dead. Nice:)

18. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

Glad to hear that its all going well - as they say - slow and steady wins the race.

I found that the monk has pretty insane survivability, but as its very gear dependant, killing stuff might take some time! I have started collecting some stuff for you - mainly my old gear, but it ought to be a good starting point when you hit lvl 60 and want to have some fun in inferno. Just let me know when you want to grab it and I will drop it for you! :)

Good luck with your fight to inferno!

19. mansueto

Real nice of you felix. I do similar for friends of mine, save my old gear or anything decent I find while farming gear and paragon levels. The one thing that still throws me off are finding really decent yellows that on release would have been worth millions being worth maybe a few hundred thousand now. I also have no luck with finding things of value. Every legendary I've found has been worth sub 500k, all low rolls or the ones that just aren't popular.

Positive note, I can farm inferno, monster level 1 pretty easily though for the xp and time I'll still go farm a3 inferno games. Tried ml2 with a friend who was a monk and short of dieing often because my lowish hp, we went through it decently quickly. Monks have some crazy sustain and survive as long as they are dealing dps. Unless my friend got stunned by freeze, he was able to keep himself at 80-100% hp the entire time, even with full room pulls and a champ. pack. I'm actually surprised at how few monks you see.

The one issue I have these days is idlers. There seem to be tons of people who join games, and wait for people to either tell them when there are champion packs or resplended chests. I have no problem dealing with the extra hp and health on monsters, but I don't feel anyone deserves a free ride. I'm after efficiency, so idlers are just an inconvenience.

20. Exarchi

Exarchi What's a Dremel?

how's the d3 playerbase looking right now? has it dropped a lot recently?

also, are you noticing a huge difference with the new legendary rates?