1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards New Motherboard give me advice!! :)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by enfluence, 19 Dec 2012.

1. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Hello guys! It's time to update my motherboard after my z68ap d3 gigabyte motherboard decided to blow my graphics card and now wont even overclock the cpu with the settings it came with (came pre overclocked with a bundle deal).....Wish I didn't get a bundle now so ...it works with the onboard GPU fine so its definitely my mobo screwing it up.....So I'm gonna get my gpu replaced but I dont trust this mobo for the life of me anymore so I need a new mobo!

I want to do overclocking on an i5 2500k. It was originally at 4.6ghz which i wouldn't mind going to 4.8ghz max on aircooled. It's an artic pro freezer 13.

I was looking at this motherboard;

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus...-6gb-s-d-sub-(vga)-displayport-dvi-i-hdmi-atx

Tell me what you guys think :) also if you do give recommendations I would prefer an Asus motherboard as my second computer has been overclocked on a e6700 at 3.56ghz for nearly 7 years with an Asus Maximus Forumla and that is what I believe all motherboards should be (quality).

Thanks guys :)

Last edited: 19 Dec 2012
  2. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

3. glendronach

glendronach Minimodder

4. NoobNeb

NoobNeb Enthusiastic Lurker

MSI M-Power Z77 is a real looker