Windows "Virtual Button" possible?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Treacles, 15 Jan 2013.

1. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Okay so basically what i've been trying to do is find a button to use for Teamspeak, that isnt used for anything else at all... Which has been pretty much fruitless, i've settled on Mouse 4/5 atm but this cycles backwards and forwards on browsers...

What my question is, can i sort of create a "virtual" keyboard button, so that i can set one of the Razer Naga buttons to, that's solely used for Teamspeak and nothing else?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

set one of the naga's buttons to be a bind for an alt code for a foreign letter almost no chance of that being used elsewhere

3. Pinguu

Pinguu Noot Noot!

You could always bind the button to some really obscure key combination I suppose, something like RCTRL + ` . Chances are there will never ever be a program that uses that particular combination so it won't interfere with whatever else you are doing.

I don't know about virtual buttons though, there might be a way of emulating buttons which aren't on many keyboards (F15 and F16 for example- by default they won't do anything) using SendKeys in Visual Basic. I'll look into it; you've made me curious :p

4. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Or you could use voice activation rather than push to talk. Spend 5 minutes or so playing with the activation levels/echo reduction in combination with (presuming you have one) the in-line mic switch and you're shiny.