1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows ARMA 2 OA: Wasteland

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Wira, 23 Jan 2013.

1. Wira

Wira Spoderman

Me and a group of friends have been trying out an emerging gamemode called wasteland.

Based on DayZ and the old dynamic zombie survival gamemode, it's a fairly simple TvT gamemode with an emphasis on survival, scavenging and of all things, basebuilding. Similarly to DayZ it has a persistent server, but in this case there aren't any zombies. Instead the game is team based, and the goal is to complete small objectives that pop up around the map and of course, to eliminate the enemy team (more or less). Quite a bit of fun, and it really promotes teamwork in a way that I haven't seen any other open-world arma games provide.

Have any of you played it?/ is anyone playing it?. Might be worth a try, but it's definitely best with a group of people.

http://wasteland.arma.su/

http://www.mmogames.com/gamereviews/arma-ii-wasteland-sandbox-preview/

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cannot get it to work, maybe im doing something wrong

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

You just need to run Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Disable any addons. Search for "wasteland" in the filters.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ah, thanks mate :thumb:

5. Wira

Wira Spoderman

yeah it's just a gamemode, should even work across the different maps with a bit of tweaking.

something I've realised from playing, if you set up a road blockade or something of that sort, on a populated server, unsuspecting drivers will regularly drive straight into your line of fire.