1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other what mouse do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesn, 6 Mar 2013.

1. jamesn

jamesn What's a Dremel?

i need a new mouse...

i'm not looking for a gaming mouse with 27 programmable buttons, but a general working mouse.

obviously needs to have a scroll wheel (preferably with lateral scrolling, but not essential), back and forward buttons are the minimum.

what do you all use?

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Logitech G500.

It's built well and does for my gaming and light office needs. Plus it looks and feels nice without being too flashy.

3. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Personally, I love the Razer Deathadder. I have the left handed edition and find it very comfortable, as well as being excellent for everyday tasks in addition to gaming.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Logitech G400 and a MX518 and a naff wireless one for when I am lying in my bed watching films.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Corsair M60.. Love mine.

In all seriousness, just go and play around with mice until you find a comfy one with decent specs... Comfort is more important than DPI.

6. suragh

suragh Derp

Razer Naga. Personally I think its brilliant.

7. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Steelseries kana, quite small and basic but really consistent and I like it.

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Use to have a G9X, which served me well for several years, it died not long ago.

Now have a MadCatz R.A.T 5 5600DPI Laser mouse, which is just one sexy mouse, and is a pleasure to use.

The Precision aim button, is a blessing! Awesome to use in BF3!

9. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Habu!

10. matt...

matt... Slacker

I recently bought a Razer Deathadder and love it, I found this resource from Razer about ergonomics really helpful :thumb:

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Zowie EC1. No messy driver software, no fancy buttons or macro settings, just gets the job done without any fuss. Easily the most reliable mouse I have ever used (broken a few mouse wheels in my time) and is a doddle to set up thanks to its plug and play 1000Hz polling and lack of driver software so you don't have to remember a load of different sensitivity settings.

12. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Razer Lachesis, but seriously considering one of Corsair's offering's for a change. I cant fault the Lachesis as it has server me well for over 3 years now so that goes some way for Razor's reliability but it is starting to show it's age (bit like me really).

13. Psyance

Psyance What's a Dremel?

Logitech G9x, Love it, just fits right in my hand.

14. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

This. I bought it when I was playing MMOs, but when I stopped and swapped to FPS games I was concerned how the Naga would perform. I need not of worried, the mouse translates really well and I utilise the side number pad for all manner of functions :)

15. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I use a work mouse, because I do more work than gaming. But its still great for gaming. I use the Performance MX mouse. before that I used the now long time discontinued MX Revolution,

What I like about the Performance MX, is the hyper scroll feature, and 2 programmable buttons (beside the back and forward buttons). It has excellent tracking and works on any surfaces included glass. It's comfortable and has a good balance weight. It uses a AA rechargeable battery, which is INCLUDED, and a good one too (Sanyo Eneloop), and the mouse itself is a recharger. So you can plug it via a provided standard USB cable, and you can get to use the mouse while it recharges.

I only have 2 bad things to say about it: First, this one applies to ALL Logitech mouse, side scrolling is broken and barely works on most programs, except the crazy popular ones like your web browser and Office line of programs. If you don't install the mouse software, then side scrolling works well, but you lose the ability to configure the 2 programmable buttons it has. But the mouse still works well non the less.

Second problem, is that because it uses 1x AA battery, it doesn't last long. Depending on your usage, expect to recharge the mouse once a week, down to 4-5 days. While you can use the mouse while it is charging, or quickly swamp the battery, and you have a battery level indicator, and the mouse program informs you when battery is getting low with a small pop-up at the bottom left corner of the screen. It's a bit annoying. I think they should have used a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, as they did with the older brother: The Revolution MX. This gave the mouse over a month of heavy usage. My only guess is that Lithium-ion battery takes more power to recharge than the USB plug can provide, and wanted to give you the ability to recharge your mouse while use it. But perhaps, they could have made like laptop mouse, have 2x AA batteries. Where once one is finished, the other battery kicks in, giving you twice the time.

16. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

G400! love it

17. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Revolution now performance MX.

Seems me and Goodbytes exactly the same, so nowt i can add to his comments.

I told Logitech many times to stop putting screws under the pads, so that when i take their mice apart for artwork i dont have to get new pads.

Well apart from it works with the cable plugged in as non wireless also, which means its not a big problem with charging it up, as it still works whilst charging .

18. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

I now have three of these mice.

19. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Gaming mice do have that plasticy crappy look and feel, so whilst not perfect, i also wanted a mouse that was not gaming orientated.

When they make a mouse that suits gamers and doesent have that made in XXXXX land and looks nice for pro use, that will be great.

I only have 2 performance mxs :(, but both share the same universal dongle (paired)

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I use a Performance MX at work so. +1 from me too.