Other Margaret Thatcher Dies

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 8 Apr 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie543

eddie543 Snake eyes

How many people have died shortly after being declared fit to work?

How about the purposeful depressing of the economy through use of frontloaded fiscal consolidation to achieve the ideological aim of a small state?

How about after the shambles with incapacity benefit, doing the same thing to DLA?

How about the pitting of working vs non working when jobs are few and far between, the labelling of people as scroungers, skivers etc at a point in time when there is little option but to endure the scorn and propaganda against you?

The purposeful removal of public services under the guise of a phony sovereign debt crisis for personal self satisfying ideological reasons is evil in my opinion when you consider the overall human cost and suffering. Especially when Cameron knows exactly what he's doing.

YEHBABY and julianmartin like this.
  2. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Good job she was only friends with Pinochet then and nothing more.

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Hardly, and you always have a choice, never forget that. You find the government so oppresive? You could always protest against them, and also make sure to use your vote.

Lets not forget that Around a million people have come off incapacity benefit. Why would they come off that? Also the labelling of people as scroungers and skivers, last I read was the Medias interpretation, not the governments.

Phony sovereign debt crisis? You mean the same debt crisis that's currently all over the world, whereby Britain has lost their economic power they once had with ratings falling? You call that Phony, and you blame all that on one man?

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The amount of sheer stupidity in that post is slightly disturbing...

julianmartin likes this.
  5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I don't like it when this thread gets all political (it's in the wrong subforum for a start).

6. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

This sort of thing should probably be in serious, but the amount of unsubstantiated claims there make your post a total joke so it's probably okay to be here.

Really? Incredible, absolutely incredible. And which crusader have you been reading that makes you think it's all made up? I suppose Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and Spain are just yanking our chains right, coupled with made up obligations to the EU? No but seriously, they are all a load of tosh and everyone is chilling with mojitos and olive oil on the beach, right? Call who you want responsible - denying it's happening is astounding...

It's been a whirlwind of a couple of days for posts of ******** on this forum.

7. Shirty

Examples? I loves a good laugh.

8. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I will not be missing her put it that way shall we.

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I don't know about you lot, but I'm still laughing at #nowthatchersdead - I love mis-interpreted hashtags. #susanalbumparty still makes me laugh whenever I remember it/see reference to it...

10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

11. Shirty

:hehe:

I always seem to crop up in these sort of threads. Possibly because I take very little seriously on an internet forum though.

It always amazes me that people feel so strongly about things instead of enjoying themselves - life's stressful enough without adding to the pain on here.

12. Asouter

Asouter --------

I started reading that thread and assigned it to the WGAF category, it's amazing what pushes peoples buttons.

Of course I'm immune to all of this, with my unbiased and well measured contributions :D

Shirty likes this.
  13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Most the hacking away at public services has been at the top so far, removing the fat over paid b**tards that cause more mess than they clean up.

Despite the lack of money in the system, we need to stop out sourcing to the cheapest bidder. G4S olympic security, what a mess. The outsource air sea rescue to the yanks makes me cry inside. I know the Seaking is an aging bird, but life should be put back into her and let our RAF continue to do the job.

14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This. I take little in life seriously - I find it helps. Work is stressful enough without taking everything else too seriously! Isn't this place (and particularly this particular sub-forum) just an outlet for general daftness (within reason)?

Shirty likes this.
  15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I can't wait to see what efficiency gains they'll bring in. Rescues of 5 or more only, rescues with-in office hours. Ideologically driven cluster-**** and the odds of it biting the people who thrust this on us is remarkably slim.

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I tend to follow this rule more in life than over t'internet. Here I gather with at least vaguely like-minded people in the hope that, once in a while, they might listen to what I have to say.

Most folks IRL are totally ignorant of everything except the latest gossip and reality TV in my experience; trying to hold a semi-intelligent conversation in the office is an exercise in futility, the 3 ladies that I work with are completely incapable of sustaining complex thoughts or expressing an opinion that wasn't formed by careful reading of the Daily Mail.

Shirty likes this.
  17. steveo_mcg

18. Shirty

Can't we have a referendum? Massive state-funded funeral or an unmarked pauper's grave.

19. steveo_mcg

Use her Inheritance Tax to pay for the funeral? Assumes all here money isn't tied up in "Tax Efficient" schemes...

20. eddie543

eddie543 Snake eyes

I mean a phony domestic sovereign debt crisis.

Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and Spain all share in commonality the same things. They have no control over their own currency (can't devalue to become competitive against more efficient nations), no control over their monetary policy (cant create inflation to erode debt which is useful in a liquidity trap) and no lender of last resort ie no central bank ( who wont impose conditions).

They all share problems that the UK doesn't. That is why we can borrow much more than those countries for longer at lower interest rates. Look towards Japan their national debt is 229% of GDP higher than ours when it peaked after WW2 and they have bond rates as low as us.

It's happening in Europe, but the UK is no comparison, nor is the USA simply because of fiscal and monetary independence.

What is happening here is that as spending is cut that is having a negative multiplier effect on the economy and is reducing tax receipts and increasing welfare spending leaving the deficit stubbornly high or the same as it is, once you take all special factors and jiggling out of the equation. In the medium to long term debt and deficit will be higher than otherwise under a policy of fiscal expansion.

(on one off infrastructure projects especially in housing as the sale of housing reaps a good portion of the costs back and also government bank for SMEs since the banks aren't even lending to what anyone would deem sensible and low risk. The running costs and taxation for government should be froze at inflation until growth returns. When growth returns cut running public expenditure and as the economy shows no signs of weakening through those cuts start to withdraw infrastructure spending. Then the books would be balanced and then would be a good time to cut taxes)

Also the needless austerity is cutting growth, increasing the relative size of debt and deficit further and for longer. Our economy is 3.5% below the size of the 2008 economy, on trend rate we should be 13%+ Larger.

Austerity is for the boom not the bust.

YEHBABY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.