News BlackBerry Q5 unveiled, BBM coming to iOS and Android

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 14 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. zebby2k

zebby2k What's a Dremel?

Most people I know, only have a blackberry because of BBM.

Once it is available on other devices, I can see RIM's market share taking a dive, unless their new devices really are something special (Havent got my hands on the Z or Q's yet).

Zeb

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Whatsapp is just as good if not better to be honest.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Here is the end of Blackberry, Unless they are getting well paid for each message sent on IOS and Andriod its game over.

5. weesteev

weesteev What's a Dremel?

Whatsapp better than BBM?? What are you smoking? Have you used BBM? What with video and voice how can Whatsapp even compete? BBM on other platforms is a great move, it will quickly overtake other messengers like Whatsapp and Touch and what will you find? A BlackBerry app at the top of the free app lists on both iOS and Android. Clever marketing by BlackBerry and will help drive people back to the brand in the longer term.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Most people already use a mixture of free calls, Whatsapp and Skype. So I can see it being handy for some as a way to have less apps knocking around on their phone.

For me it will be an additional app on my phone (rather than saving space) so I can chat to my BBM buddies that aren't already on Whatsapp. Be interesting to see if the people I know migrate to it.

Tags: Add Tags