1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Sketchup help for case idea

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BBEG, 16 May 2013.

1. BBEG

BBEG What's a Dremel?

I've got an idea for a scratch build to house an mATX motherboard, two GPUs, a 360 rad, 120 rad, and full size ATX PSU in a space .04L bigger than the internal dimensions of a Prodigy. The problem is, I have absolutely zero talent in Sketchup to lay it out on screen and see if the fit of everything will actually work like it does in my head. Is there any specific place in the forum where I can request help fleshing this out? If posting here is fine, I can do that too.

2. TheP

TheP What's a Dremel?

Well...i bet there will be some readers here who can help you.
    But even if you have "no talent" with sektchup try it.
    I did the same thing and after some models (the first few where dimensions away from perfect) you get a feeling of how much space you need for fittings, tubes, cable-management and so on.

And - thats how i think - the feeling of doing the whole process from beginning to finish by yourself feels the best.
    Just make a few sketches and post them here. The community will help you

3. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Sketchup is really easy to learn and there are some great tutorials on youtube should you have a specific problem. After about 5 hours of messing around you will be more than capable of creating this.

Also there is the 3D warehouse. Here many models have already been created, such as PUUs, GFX cards etc which make the whole thing even easier.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Just look at the collection of SU-files over at http://scc.jezmckean.com/

Then fire up SketchUp, import all the parts you want to use (or similar parts to get an idea of their dimensions) and then arrange all the parts to see if they fit into the box you have in mind.