1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Brazilian protests (please watch at least the videos)

Discussion in 'General' started by Yemerich, 22 Jun 2013.

1. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I am Brazilian. And btw I don't like samba nor soccer.
    I love the country, but I hate those that represent us. Our government.

We are the 7th economy in the world.

Despite being a country with such a good rank in economy, 16,7 million people here live under the line of extreme poverty (8,5% of the 170 million total). The economic group "E".

In a research from "Pearson", from 40 countries, we are number 39 in terms of education.

From 40 countries in a research about "tax load" versus "Human Development Index"(not sure if these are the right terms in english) we are number 40!

We are the 4th that pays more tributes in the world. That is so heavy that it is estimated that we work 4,5 months a year just to pay tributes! But that is not the real problem. The problem is that if one need security, health and such, this guy needs to work another 3 months to pay for those.

And the list goes on and on...

As of june 19, the brazilian people paid something like US$ 865,415,812,050.23 in tributes.
    Heck, we pay for a manual shift Toyota Corolla XLi 1.8 Flex (gas/ethanol) US$ 29,911.62!

We live in a capitalism system that have deep roots in comunism. In other words, neither one nor other. Our public servers are untouchable. They have their wages paid from our taxes (obviously), but they can't be fired. They can only be fired if they skip going to work for a month in a row for example. But no matter how bad they are at their jobs, they can't be fired. So, with bad workers, the service is bad too. With a bad service, the government needs MORE workers.

Everybody want a stable job. So one of the ways our government found to corrupt the people into voting into them is getting more people to work for them in that way.

For the economic groups C and D (roughly 70% of the population), the government gives something called "bolsa familia". I don't know how to translate into english this term, but it is a "salary" that some of them receives from the State just for being poor. Don't get me wrong, I DO think it needs to be done, but the receiving family doesn't need to do ANYTHING to receive that! Not even go to one of our weak public schools! They just receive.

I am not criticizing the help itself, but the way it is aplied just to keep people in the ignorance.

Anyway, some day ago a wave of protests began when the State said we will need to pay for transportation R$ 0,20 more. Roughly 9 US cents. But those protests began to scalate to a much bigger proportion and people began to ask for things like end of corruption and stuff like that.

About the world cup:

Yesterday, our beloved (#NOT) president gave another populist speech on the TV, and this was the reaction:

You can hear people shouting "F** you Dilma", "Liar" and such. Dilma is the name of our president.

One VERY resumed video in english about the protest itself:

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

lols your president must be paranoid with that many people against him!

About time he stepped aside tbh

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

fixed that for you

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Fair enough, I hope your campaign to elevate your poor out of poverty and much more is successful! Mass protest can work, so stick together and fight for what you believe in!

Yemerich likes this.
  5. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I know.. she looks like a "he" anyways!
    hahah

I really hope this massive protests led us into something good.