Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Not really to be honest. Didnt talk to him much but I got a hand shake and a hug at the end.

He was pretty quiet and not like his videos etc

2. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

I saw a map on a gaming group's website recently - it may well have been iOGC, not sure - but they run a DayZ server and they have one 'free for all' area and one area that is out of bounds to bandits. You kill another survivor - you get kicked/banned. You want to kill survivors? Play in the part where it's allowed.

Seems a great solution to me.

It was two separate islands, the large one was the anything goes and the smaller one the 'no bandits' zone. Don't know which islands as I haven't played DayZ for a long time - and not outside Cherno at all.

3. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

I am going to pick up Arma 2 during the weekend so I can get playing DayZ since WoT is getting bit boring once again.

So is there some server that bit-techers prefer? Does people use teamspeak or the ingame voice?

Is there much difference between the servers, some servers seems to have much more vehicles (which sure could be much more rare, specially the aircrafts)? And how many players usually on one server?

After I've watched few gameplay videos it seems that most of the players are pretty hostile, specially big groups. So I think it's better to find a group I could stick to, maybe..? Or is there a good change to survive as a bandit? o_O

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Currently the main players afaik are playing DayZ Trinity though that is not without it's problems. Breaking Point is one DayZ Mod we have played and is getting some interesting changes not all of them good to be honest.

We do not have any specific servers we regularly play on. Yes people are hostile. KoS typically. Some people use ingame, some people have access to teamspeak.

We use Mumble as that is what it is there for.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

ZiiP have their own DayZ Panthera custom server running as well. We've been getting steady traffic the last couple of weeks.

We run a few custom scripts (AI planes for loot, etc) to keep it interesting.

Just search for ZiiP in DayZ commander.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Might bring the guys on tonight possibly.

I liked Panthera.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The more the merrier.

ZiiP players are denoted on the server wearing military issue clothing. It's a standard for us when we spawn in.

8. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

The map looks nice, do you guys run Teamspeak for the server too?

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Aye, we have Teamspeak, though it's primarily for ZiiP members.

Tartee tulla meidän forumiin että saa ne tiedot.

10. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Tämä selvä ;)

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Do most people play Breaking Point?

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Breaking Point is so broken I know some of us have stopped playing it

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Whats wrong with it? I've not seen any bugs (other than the normal ones).

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Whats wrong with it? i get shot and killed to easily, no hold on, i get shot and killed too easily throughout Dayz.

Have just started getting back into this (Dayz in general) Not many good guys out there so everyone and i mean everyone i class as hostile

Looking forward to see what the standalone brings.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So many issues with it, loading issues. And the stupid north of Kamenka loot spawns now.

Not sure I will play for awhile. Depends what the others are playing.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

They removed that spawn I think, and I've had no loading issues. I prefer it as you get more vehicles, weapons and more/better spawns. Its just DayZ but better...

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hmm ok.

It's DayZ as invisioned by a 17 year old who has mashed different mods together.

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I was just playing it and its fine. The extra guns and loot drops are a welcomed element, as are the added vehicles. Normal DayZ is just a bit meh. Plus this has one of the best modded maps, very few dodgy buildings. I just wish the server browser on the launcher was better

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

DayZ with tons of weapons and vehicles just murders the whole point of DayZ.

20. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

There needs to be a 'The Last of DayZ' mod. it'd be DayZ, but with the weapon and ammo scarcity and limitations of the last of us. Also molotovs.

until Zs either get much more badass, or some other threat is introduced i think it'll remain primarily PvP. Why walk to Stary/NWAF/NEAF to loot up, when you can just shoot some other guy and take his stuff. Other players are the biggest threat, and there's no incentive for cooperation. Hopefully more endgame stuff in the standalone will help with that, but short of doing co-op instanced events (pretty much WoW raids) I'm not sure how that'd be achieved.
    shouldn't have hung around in Ralon.