PSU Extending PSU cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PauloWhysalli, 26 Jun 2013.

1. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

Just a quick question, I have a Be Quiet PSU but some of the cables are a little short, any issue with buying cable extensions so I can tidy my case up some. Its not modular so I dont have the flexibility at the moment. I've been looking at some of the braided ones on Scan to smarten it up a bit inside as well?

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I've had a 24 pin extension, 2x 6 pin PCIe extensions and an 8 pin CPU extension on my Enermax for quite a while now with no problems. The 24 pin and PCIe ones are generic braided Akasa ones I think and the 8 pin one came with my case.

Go for a reputable brand and I think you'll be fine :)

3. PauloWhysalli

Thats what I thought tbh, was looking at a new PSU but there's nothing wrong it at the moment and this will be a cheaper option.

4. Orko

Orko What's a Dremel?

Likewise I have a set of Akasa 24 and 8 pin extenders in my rig. Bought mainly because my 8 pin cable was a little tight and the coloured ends of my 24 pin just annoyed me the most when I looked through my window :p

I really like the look of the braided cables and of course the excess is neatly hidden behind the motherboard tray :)

5. PauloWhysalli

My Corsair case isn't windowed but it will help to improve the airflow especially when I get some braided USB3 cables to replace the spagetti junction I've got in there at the moment. :hehe: